C63 primary cat delete

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
There seems to be plenty that have done both primary and secondary cat deletes on the us sites but has anyone done it on here?
A lot of them over in the us just gut there primary's and use extenders so it doesn't throw a cel.
There is talk of having to use a crossover pipe when both primary and secondary are gutted due to loss of low down torque. Also according to freedback there is a reasonable difference in power. And yes its loud but I don't use mine as a daily driver and I don't like my naybours so I'm not to fussed.

Just something I'd like to do as I'm getting board as I haven't done nothing to mine since I gutted my secondary cats and I can't afford a weistec yet.

I don't like my naybours so I'm not to fussed.

Just something I'd like to do as I'm getting board

Are your neighbours horses?

What sort of board are you getting? Surf board, dart board or other?

Spelling...not grammar ....

I done my primary cats first, then my secondary cats and resonator box after. You get more of a gain doing the primary cats but it does add alot more noise. I gained 25bhp by removing all the cats.
You'll need to get the map sorted though as it will throw a CEL.
The noise was probably louder than most other cars on the road, it was ok at first but got a bit much after a while. I've now got headers and a fi valvetronic exhaust.

Last edited:
Eurocharged UK at Watford would be able to give you advice on this

I done my primary cats first, then my secondary cats and resonator box after. You get more of a gain doing the primary cats but it does add alot more noise. I gained 25bhp by removing all the cats.
You'll need to get the map sorted though as it will throw a CEL.
The noise was probably louder than most other cars on the road, it was ok at first but got a bit much after a while. I've now got headers and a fi valvetronic exhaust.

Eurocharged UK at Watford would be able to give you advice on this

At last. Thanks guys. Some of the US posts I've read they have gutted the primaries diy and fitted o2 extensions so it doesn't throw the cel. But I have read that the fact the cat housing is left in place it can cause the sound to reverberate and sound crap. Don't know how true this is? So guess strait pipes are the way to go. 25bhp is a lot considering cost. But I wonder if the map is needed just for the cel issue or the fact the car is breathing more so has to be mapped to suite. I have pm'd acid for a price but not heard back as yet. Maybe I'll give Watford a call? But is this the company I've heard horror story's about? Is it cks?

AMGeed said:
^ Stay clear of CKS.

I swear they charge a giant premium on literally everything they sell

I had mine mapped first with the intention of removing the cats after. It made 500bhp with the map alone, then I took it away, decatted it and went back where it made 525bhp.
If you call eurocharged Watford, an option you could have is to buy my exhaust (which is there at the moment) and fully decatted. It might save you some money.

I would add some pictures of it but I'm not sure how to

The decatting thing seems to be one of those urban myths.

I have seen secondraies removed and it does sound a lot deeper and louder.

As for power gains when i had mine totally stock in ran 460bhp on the dyno.....then mapped by Jerry of Eurocharged (at a MBClub dyno day) the car made 534BHP and thats with a completely stock exhaust.
And one point to note is it sounded different after the map......much deeper and louder note above 3000K revs (which i assume is because of the throttle bodies opening completely instead of being limited to 90% by MB)

If you want a loud exhaust and more power then you might aswell save the pennies and throw long tube headers on and get a Long tube header map done which will give you roughly 550BHP....

Not trying to P*ss on anyone's fire but i have done a few mods on mine along the way so have a bit of knowledge of what does and does not work.

The decatting thing seems to be one of those urban myths.

I have seen secondraies removed and it does sound a lot deeper and louder.

As for power gains when i had mine totally stock in ran 460bhp on the dyno.....then mapped by Jerry of Eurocharged (at a MBClub dyno day) the car made 534BHP and thats with a completely stock exhaust.
And one point to note is it sounded different after the map......much deeper and louder note above 3000K revs (which i assume is because of the throttle bodies opening completely instead of being limited to 90% by MB)

If you want a loud exhaust and more power then you might aswell save the pennies and throw long tube headers on and get a Long tube header map done which will give you roughly 550BHP....

Not trying to P*ss on anyone's fire but i have done a few mods on mine along the way so have a bit of knowledge of what does and does not work.
Thanks for the heads up.

It's not so much the sound I want it for. It's more the fact I'm bored and want to do something else on the car. The bhp figures for the c63's are all over the place from what I've read. A couple on here have done primaries and secondaries with remap. One produced 565bhp on msl's rollers and another 520bhp. Not sure where the second one was dyno'd tho.

To be honest lee, if I had the money free I would go the weistec route. But after spending 10k and then having to go through a divorce and nowhere to live I'd have to sell the car in the end anyway lol.

Thanks for the heads up.

It's not so much the sound I want it for. It's more the fact I'm bored and want to do something else on the car. The bhp figures for the c63's are all over the place from what I've read. A couple on here have done primaries and secondaries with remap. One produced 565bhp on msl's rollers and another 520bhp. Not sure where the second one was dyno'd tho.

To be honest lee, if I had the money free I would go the weistec route. But after spending 10k and then having to go through a divorce and nowhere to live I'd have to sell the car in the end anyway lol.

The only exhaust mod that would produce 560BHP (more realistic would be 550BHP) is installing long tube headers.

A standard exhaust with a eurocharged map will produce 515 to 530BHP every day of the week......Remember dyno figures can vary depending on the Dyno, the air temperature and the dyno operator.

I know what you mean about spending the money.......I only started modding after getting divorced and realizing how much spare money i suddenly had not buying her crap LOL

Oh did it? Did I miss that in the video? I just thought it had just been strait piped and mapped. Did MSL do all that in a day!?

It would be a full day to do the manifolds....real awkward to get access.....but I am sure with an early start and a late finish it could be done.

Been at MSL myself until 0200 in the morning dynoing the car one time lol

According to his comments on some of his other YouTube vids there's no LTH's installed. It's just had all 4 cats removed a v5 map and X pipe instead of resonator.

He's not on here much. Need to find out for sure. That's big power if that's without LTH's :eek:

I can't imagine a c63 without headers would be able to reach those figures. I could be wrong though. Mine was a straight through exhaust with an x pipe in place of the resonator with a v5 map. Didn't get anywhere near those figures, I did get flames though
Every car is different so maybe..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom