C63 problem!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

plallu

Car
C63 AMG
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share with you my bad experience with my C63 over the weekend!!! :mad:

Went for a drive with a group of mates up to Oxfordshire. Was driving along the motorway put my foot down and loads of smoke was pouring out the back of my car.

After the initial panic attack- Pulled over and noticed quite a bit of smoke coming out of one of the cats. Nothing from engine, no warning lights and temperature was fine. Waited for it to cool down, put the foot down a few times again and it seem to be fine. About 30 mins later it happened again, this time it was really bad, pulled over, smoke everywhere- this time both cats were smoking pretty badly!!! :wallbash:

Rang up Mercedes road side assistance they came out- initial diagnosis (apologies if this doesnt sound techincally correct!!) is that the gasket under the gear box oil sump is cracked and has holes in it. So the hot oil is leaking heavily and going through the exhaust, burning up and causing the smoke. Technician said its minor- if thats the problem and also mentioned that not all the oil supply was lost.

Car had to be towed away, its been in storage since Sat and is now being sent to the dealer today to get properly diagnosed and fixed up. Luckily i am still under warranty- 6 weeks left!!

Interesting also to note is that i had my last service just 4 weeks ago- where they changed the gear box oil etc

Hoping its not serious- should find out later today and will keep you posted

I have been dealing with Chelsea Mercedes and have found them to be rude and unhelpful at ALL TIMES so I am gonna try Croydon- they seem to be nice to deal with so far!!!

just a taught maybe they did not refit the sump gasket correctly after filter and oil change in gear box or one of the bolts was loose you say the car was towed i hope not if an auto i hope it was put on a carrier

good luck and and keep us posted i hope the new dealer will be better

Thanks- I am hoping thats the issue to. I wouldnt put it past those guys at Chelsea.

Last time i was in for a service i asked them to sort out my iphone connectivity. Cant seem to get my contacts to come up inside the car on screen or the dash. They tried to work it out (2nd attempt) and couldnt do it. Now i cant use my phone at all!!!

Doesn't sound like this happened by chance. Must be linked to your recent service. I would get the dealer who serviced it sort this out

Doesn't sound like this happened by chance. Must be linked to your recent service. I would get the dealer who serviced it sort this out

they will get paid to put something right that they got wrong.

If they were rubbish it makes sense to go elsewhere.

I would use Croydon.

Yeah i was thinking that- but i just cant stand dealing with them!!

they will get paid to put something right that they got wrong.

Always has annoyed me that.

I would do the same - find a dealer who does give a s**t about quality of their work and reputation.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share with you my bad experience with my C63 over the weekend!!! :mad:

Went for a drive with a group of mates up to Oxfordshire. Was driving along the motorway put my foot down and loads of smoke was pouring out the back of my car.

After the initial panic attack- Pulled over and noticed quite a bit of smoke coming out of one of the cats. Nothing from engine, no warning lights and temperature was fine. Waited for it to cool down, put the foot down a few times again and it seem to be fine. About 30 mins later it happened again, this time it was really bad, pulled over, smoke everywhere- this time both cats were smoking pretty badly!!! :wallbash:

Rang up Mercedes road side assistance they came out- initial diagnosis (apologies if this doesnt sound techincally correct!!) is that the gasket under the gear box oil sump is cracked and has holes in it. So the hot oil is leaking heavily and going through the exhaust, burning up and causing the smoke. Technician said its minor- if thats the problem and also mentioned that not all the oil supply was lost.

Car had to be towed away, its been in storage since Sat and is now being sent to the dealer today to get properly diagnosed and fixed up. Luckily i am still under warranty- 6 weeks left!!

Interesting also to note is that i had my last service just 4 weeks ago- where they changed the gear box oil etc

Hoping its not serious- should find out later today and will keep you posted

I have been dealing with Chelsea Mercedes and have found them to be rude and unhelpful at ALL TIMES so I am gonna try Croydon- they seem to be nice to deal with so far!!!

Really sorry to hear about this experience - must have been a bit scary! Only saving grace is that you are still in warranty. Before I bought my car I phoned Chelsea and they were so arrogant, close to rude I decided I wouldn't even waste my time with them, and this is me trying to spend some big ££ with them!

If you want a dealer that knows what they are doing and see's lots of C63's then take it to Brookands, it isn't that far. If you have decided to take it somewhere and you are confident then no problem, but if you want a contact at Brooklands then PM me.

Really hope you and the car are back on the road soon.

Kamal

Hi Plallu,

I cannot agree with you more with regards to Chelsea, where I bought my car from. I now bring my car to Brooklands for everything, where staff there are very friendly and helpful.

Hope your problem will be fixed soon.

MMPM

+1 for how awful Chelsea are. Wouldn't use them if they were the only dealer in the south east

Obviously its not just me!!!

I have just spoken to Croydon and Yup- It was Chelsea's fault- they stuffed up at the last service- 3 weeks ago.

They are now arguing between themselves about the bill.

Looking fwd to getting my car back tomorrow night!!!

Oh and I am going to escalate this through Chelsea- I want the money for my service refunded back to me!!! Worth a shot............

Oh and I am going to escalate this through Chelsea- I want the money for my service refunded back to me!!! Worth a shot............

Good luck

Now where's the emoticon for pigs flying. :D

What surprises me is these useless twuntards stay in business - there must surely be people who receive this kind of service and find it acceptable.

Mind you, saying that, there are people who indicate left when they are turning right so perhaps I shouldn't be so surprised.

I deal with Croydon despite having two dealerships closer.

I just like their customer service.

Just for you crockers

149a9_425AirportFlyingPigs.jpg

Understand its a long shot!!! BUT- i received a call last night from the manager at Chelsea at 9:15pm!!! He was extremely apologetic and asked how he can retain me as a customer. I said give me my cash back from the service.............and i will consider coming back.

Understand its a long shot!!! BUT- i received a call last night from the manager at Chelsea at 9:15pm!!! He was extremely apologetic and asked how he can retain me as a customer. I said give me my cash back from the service.............and i will consider coming back.

...and he said......??????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom