C63 quote - better than expected

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ghibbett

Car
C63 AMG Estate
It's the insurance renewal time of year again on my BMW 330i. Various quotes duly done with a nice resulting reduction.

In anticipation of my forthcoming C63 Wagon, I thought I'd plumb the numbers in and see what I got. I'm 32 and the car will be parked on the drive. I was expecting around £1000 and hoping for not more than £1200, therefore was (relatively) delighted to be quoted £737. Then I added the Mrs expecting it to go up only to find it dropped another £40. Happy days :bannana:

It's the insurance renewal time of year again on my BMW 330i. Various quotes duly done with a nice resulting reduction.

In anticipation of my forthcoming C63 Wagon, I thought I'd plumb the numbers in and see what I got. I'm 32 and the car will be parked on the drive. I was expecting around £1000 and hoping for not more than £1200, therefore was (relatively) delighted to be quoted £737. Then I added the Mrs expecting it to go up only to find it dropped another £40. Happy days :bannana:

I do find it strange when you add an additional driver and the price drops.
Mine was exactly the same. I paid £425 but i'm a little older than your good self.

I am over double your age but when I insured my SLK I too was quoted about £40.00 less than just for myself. Odd!!

Who was the quote from out of interest, it is very competitive.
Kamal

Just insured my C63 estate for £592 with Admiral. Was £200 more than the BMW 330d I had before so not too bad :)

I was quoted by Liverpool Victoria, however both Admiral and Elephant were within £20. Direct Line were a further £60 more expensive.

I am/was with LV. Phoned to upgrade from the SLK 55 to the new C63 Wagon they wanted £150 additional premium. Phoned Merc insurance (Aviva), £200 less than LV! Paying circa £500 overall. Happy

I do find it strange when you add an additional driver and the price drops.

Only if that driver you are adding has a reasonable to good record.

I normally add my misses but when I tried to add her to a policy once at renewal, when she'd had a prang in that year, it made it more expensive.

Then it reversed again at subsequent renewals.

I get a quote with and without on mine these days alebit she has no intention to drive it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom