C63 rear boxes with resonator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Borys

MB Enthusiast
Car
2005 cl500
Up for grabs 500£ no offers
Exhaust is in sections can be easily fitted to boot.
Collection only pls

Do you have any pics of them on the trials fitting on your cls?

astamir said:
Do you have any pics of them on the trials fitting on your cls?

No sorry
It was literally half of inch miss, to locate it exactly on the bumper cut out. If we moved it to the side tail pipes would be on the sides of the bumper, totally of the spot were the diffuser and cut out are. We would need to cut into the bumper itself. Other way was to hang it lower but it would be an inch difference to original muffler fit and it would looked like I'm dragging it behind me
Don't know if it explains it :)

any decent exhaust place would have been able to get them center

As Alps infers/says, you need a better exhaust fabricator, there's no need these days for 'nearly fits', lots of companies out there dealing with this item that are looked upon favourably, I also have the same identical item your selling for sale, but mine is totally sorted for the W211 E55 and it fits perfectly, just get someone who is sorted with this stuff of yours, they will help you out and you will get your item sold.:thumb: best of luck with your sale, it will go.

Maybe I picked up wrong exhaust shop I'm getting depressed reading your comments guys Wanted this c63 set up so badly Don't know what went wrong Thought I'm making a right decision going custom after they took me under the car while trying to make c63 boxes to fit I'm starting to regret now the whole thing Spent money on boxes, then on custom set up Who would be able to help me out with this? I'm not going back to that fitting garage it would be awkward

Maybe I picked up wrong exhaust shop I'm getting depressed reading your comments guys Wanted this c63 set up so badly Don't know what went wrong Thought I'm making a right decision going custom after they took me under the car while trying to make c63 boxes to fit I'm starting to regret now the whole thing Spent money on boxes, then on custom set up Who would be able to help me out with this? I'm not going back to that fitting garage it would be awkward

Are you happy with the sound from your custom set up? If you are, don't worry, you'll recoup your money easily on the C63 boxes.

If however you really want the C63 boxes, get in touch with Imran at MSL and he will fit them expertly. Maybe the dyno day on Sun 18th Sept would be a good time.

Sound on custom set up is nice
Deep inside want c63 boxes as we know nothing will beat its sound.
Will call Imran tomorrow maybe to discuss options

Ok guys
After a bottle of nice wine bit of thinking
I will stick to my guns. C63 boxes will not fit properly cls. Have a look on the pics

1. Original muffler. White stick is the edge under the car to clear the box in position. I'm measuring the length to outer amg tip edge where the diffuser ends on the bumper it shows 10cm

View attachment 59604

2. C63 muffler. When box would be centre fitted in position under the car. White stick shows edge which needs to be cleared as the original. Measure shows 15cm to outer edge of the amg tip. Diffuser ends at 10cm exactly. To have these boxes nicely in place we would need to cut into the bumper it self. Having diffuser pre cut literally there will be space to fit 3rd tip on inner side

View attachment 59605

3. When looking at pics of e55 vs cls55 exhaust tips on cls are narrower more close together compering to e55. Thats why it is a nice mod for w211. I guess standard cls bumper would be better option to fit c63 boxes as you can trim it how you like it. Not for a reason e55 diffuser is different from cls55
Hope this explains

Last edited:
Does anyone know if these can be fitted to 84 500SEC without too much trouble??

Bigger car, standard bumper will give you room to play with trimming
If you are some where near by you are more then welcome try them, take car up the ramp and have a look

What's the actual width of the tails on the C63 back boxes? To

24.5cm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom