C63 rear leg room saloon/estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny.B.

Hi folks

On the hunt for a C63 estate but saw a lovely saloon today at the petrol station it got me wondering

My budget I can find 4 estates online for sale but 20+ saloons

I don't need an estate but figured the extra boot space could be usefull for weekends away. But for some reason I also thought that they may have more leg room for back seat passengers (two growing kids) would this be the case?

Or are they identical inside from the rear seats onwards?

Cheers

Danny

I believe leg room is identical between the saloon & estate. I put my three children in the bag with lots of room to spare but they are only 9, 7 & 4 but two of them are still in child seats. Boot is plenty big enough to get all of our gear in for a week away.

I believe leg room is identical between the saloon & estate. I put my three children in the bag with lots of room to spare but they are only 9, 7 & 4 but two of them are still in child seats. Boot is plenty big enough to get all of our gear in for a week away.

Cheers for the respone mate.

Her kids are 8 and 13 the 8 year old normally has to sit behind me as im 6ft3!

Because they are auto also I can move my chair forward more as im usually pushed right the way back for comfort. So I think it could work!

I put my three children in the bag with lots of room to spare but they are only 9, 7 & 4 but two of them are still in child seats.

Anybody got the NSPCC's number? Keeping your children in a bag surely amounts to cruelty? :D

I ended up getting rid of my c class as both kids are in baby/booster seats and the amount of space was limited. im 6f2 and like to have my seat far back and this was an issue. Once they are older I may re consider...for a c63

E estates are significantly larger inside, with a very practical loadspace, and 63 variants are available (and very rare).

More weight but more power too, so performance/economy is broadly the same.

May be worth considering :thumb:.

If you are near six foot tall or over and have children aged five and over, I'd forget about a C-Class, they simply aren't big enough in the back.

I'm 6'1" tall and when I had my seat back to a comfortable position, there was barely a couple of inches between the back of my seat and the rear seat.

The only down side for kids in the back of a C63 is they cannot really see out of the front of the car due to the size of the front seats. Can make them travel sick.

S

Thanks for the responses folks. I have an e90 3 series at the moment which is getting too small. So im guessing a C Class is very comparable inside (I did sit in a 61plate the other week which seemed roomier, just 2x my budget!)

I like the E63s but I feel the C Class has/will age better than the equivalent E63 for my budgets.

Worth looking at ML63s then? What are they comparable too inside? Ive lusted over a RRS for ages so an ML63 would suit me fine as I need to try MB!

The only down side for kids in the back of a C63 is they cannot really see out of the front of the car due to the size of the front seats.

And you have to cut their legs off. I suppose that justifies an estate more, for the wheelchairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom