C63 rear tire replacement - now pulling to the side under acceleration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salsberg

Car
C63S
Hit a pot hole last week while driving the C63 and punctured one of the rear tires. Have since changed it for a new one but I’m wondering if I should have changed both. There’s about 50% left on the one that wasn’t replaced.

I noticed that under hard acceleration it feels like it’s pulling to the side a little - not sure if this could be something more serious and the suspension is damaged or whether it’s just that I need to replace the other tire. Any ideas?

Get the rear end and alignment checked and take it from there

Hit a pot hole last week while driving the C63 and punctured one of the rear tires. Have since changed it for a new one but I’m wondering if I should have changed both. There’s about 50% left on the one that wasn’t replaced.

I noticed that under hard acceleration it feels like it’s pulling to the side a little - not sure if this could be something more serious and the suspension is damaged or whether it’s just that I need to replace the other tire. Any ideas?
I would always change both tyres in that situation, running a part worn on one side and a new tyre on the other is a recipe for disaster in my opinion. Also as the other poster said, get a 4-wheel alignment done ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom