C63 Remap Option confusion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Osgee

Car
C63 AMG Sold, Now W211 E55
Hi every one this is my 1st post probably of many, so be nice :)

I have been looking at remapping my C63, however there are a few company's that do the remap yet the gains advertised are all over the show??

for instance

DMS, MRC expect around 510 - 520 bhp give or take 5-10bhp
where as Viezu, Superchips gain about 20bhp putting it at around 477

viezu even have a graph of a C63 -2010 making 412bhp on there dyno after there map- I hope this was at the wheels or something is wrong

any idea what gains are actually possible and who is making up pub talk for the sake of sales

The reason you won't get significant gains on a C63 is because it's not a Turbo engine.

MB have done a decent job of the ecu map as standard so a re-map without other mods doesn't usually give a big increase.

On the other hand the engine is the same as the old (non Bi Turbo) E63 which is rated at 507 BHP whereas the C63 is rated at 457 BHP so one would assume it can't be much more than different mapping for the shortfall?

Spose MB don't want the C Class outgunning the Flagship E! :eek:

I know a guy who got a fair bit of extra power out of a C63, consisted of ram air intake, de cat and remap - on a facelift model with a not so aggressive map he was running 530bhp i did have a shot of the dyno print out but not got it to hand

Think he's sold it now though and iirc he had loads of problems with the gearbox too

My understanding is that the standard C63 has an artificially restricted throttle. This and a more restrictive exhaust are the main differences between the 457ps and 525ps (E63, CLS63 etc) engines. How true this is I do not know.

What I do know is that Evolve offer a remap taking the car to a claimed ~500bhp and including a delimit with before and after RR sessions for £999. It's something I'm giving serious consideration to once I've a few more miles under her wheels.

I had a previous amg remapped by dms..was very happy with results. I owned the car though. Would not consider it while i have finance on my 63. Mind you i am happy enough with 457ps.

No, the agent came to my house and did it. Then went out for a spin and i could immediately tell the difference. Faster gear changes and general accelaration and torque. They reckoned around 30bhp increase so was well pleased with it.Also de-limit as well.

get it done on a dyno at viezu they are pretty good or the best guys are in the US called Eurocharged.

acid

The c63 is retuned by restricting the throttle opening above 4500rpm. Many tuners have cracked this and should be able to get 500hp. The headers are very restrictive, it's a tight squeeze getting the v8 in there, and this is the next area to look at if you need even more power....

I just bought a eurocharged handheld programmer..Which gives the option of resetting to stock for service visits etc...I can tell you the difference from stock is night and day above 4500rpm....I ordered on Thursday night and the package arrived from the US on Monday! The customer service from Jerry and Adam was exceptional....

So great results, great service, and favourable exchange rate....highly recommended....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom