C63 remap throttle position question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
Anyone with a c63, a eurocharged map and a obd Bluetooth scanner? If so do you know the percentage the throttles open after the map? Compared to what they open standard. Reason I ask is mine is mapped but not a eurocharged map. I would like to see if there is much difference in how much my map has opened up the throttle.

My car is showing 87/88%. Not sure if mapped though. Standard PPP I think is 75%.

Ok thanks. I'll get myself a Bluetooth scanner and plug mine in. It'll be interesting to find out what mines doing. Kinda got my fingers crossed its not gonna be showing them open as much as a eurocharged map so I can look forward to a bit more power. Wonder why they don't open up 100% though??

Power isn't down to the throttle position in reality. There's a lot more to it than that. My car made 500bhp the other night on a rolling road. Is it mapped or just a good stock figure? I don't know. Plenty of stock PPP cars over 500bhp and some stories circulated about BS software being run on a handful of PPP cars prior to the BS launch. I won't know the answer until i get a file read but the car doesn't seem to be making quite enough for a map. The graph is nice too so i'm thinking maybe a good stock car at this point. The 87/88% throttle reading off the dongle should be taken with a hint of uncertainty as they don't show actual position, only 'absolute' throttle position. To get a real figure you need to get the car on a dyno and have it plugged into some diagnostics equipment capable of reading the ECU load data. What the bluetooth dongle is best for is 'before and after' checks. That way you can see any gains rather than accurate numbers.

Let me know what yours makes.

Eddie

Reason why it's not open 100% is likely because it has no benefit. Due to air flow or something no doubt.

It's absolute not relative, hence why you're very unlikely to see a reading of 100% absolute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom