C63 S French Price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MC63CLK

Car
CLK 63
image-2093308576.jpg
How does this compare to UK prices seems high to me ?

You can cost out the same car on the Mercedes website, to compare.

With the stronger pound/weaker euro, I Would have thought that prices would be comparable.

NB you don't get the same standard equipment on a French car as on a UK version.

You can also order a UK spec car in any European Country. I bought my Golf in Mannheim when the Euro was above 1.4 saved a fortune

You can also order a UK spec car in any European Country. I bought my Golf in Mannheim when the Euro was above 1.4 saved a fortune

I there any value in doing this with a Porsche (specifically a Cayenne GTS)?

Do the German dealers discount (unlike UK)?

I guess what I'm asking is, is it worth the ball ache? If I were to order a new Cayenne GTS here I'd get maybe 1% saving on an £85K car (to the spec I like). If you can get that 10% cheaper on the mainland then it's worthwhile, but if it's £2k or £3k cheaper it's not.

Also is the car then classed as a personal import or UK model when it comes to resale?

(I know there's a new Cayenne due in 2017 BTW)

Last edited:
I saved £9k on a £36k motor through a combination of dealer discount and high exchange rate. Import was flawless it just came into VW UK they transferred it to their Motorsport dealer in Crewe who PDI''d it and I went down to collect. No personal import no grey import registered as a UK car.

Not sure about Porsche but BMW are happy to do this too although I believe MB try and make it difficult. I'd find a German dealer close to the factory and see what sort of deal you can get, nothing to lose

Obviously the warranty might vary, as might the resale after.

No, full uk warranty 3 years on mine and no resale issues as it's not classed as an import as it came via the manufacturer route to the UK.

I have to say I'm not finding this with Porsche so far.

It's a personal import, I then have approach Porsche UK and get the UK paperwork straightened out and there's a question of warranty length. It seems it's all left to the individual and not really manufacturer supported.

I'd be delighted to be corrected by someone who has done this with Porsche though.

No, full uk warranty 3 years on mine and no resale issues as it's not classed as an import as it came via the manufacturer route to the UK.

I am surprised. But well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom