C63 S Steering Issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guy Symmons

Car
C63s Saloon
Hi Having had 2 previous C63's and now having the current version with the 4 litre V8 and Electric steering I wondered whether any other AMG drivers have found the steering light and wooly at high speeds.

I was having a tussle with an RS3 on the A3 and had to back off due to the steering feeling very light.

Has anyone else had similar issues or can give me any advice that would make driving he car at higher speeds better

Hi
Can't help with your issue but how would you compare your previous c63s to your current one?

C63s

Hi Don

The jury is out if I am honest - the interior is a step up and it looks quite mean, but the previous C63 had more character and was easier to drive.

I am having mine chipped with DMS in the next couple of weeks so lets see what that brings

Cheers

Guy

I have had the balancing and tracking done re

According to the Merc App the tyre pressures currently are 2.85 Bar on the front and 2.75 on the back - would you say thats correct ?

Guy

Guy Symmons said:
I have had the balancing and tracking done re According to the Merc App the tyre pressures currently are 2.85 Bar on the front and 2.75 on the back - would you say thats correct ? Guy

Seems high which could cause your problem.

Guy Symmons said:
What do you think they should be at

Check your manual

Mid 30's psi?

Those are the pressures for a fully laden car doing 150mph.

Lower your pressures to the minimum specs if it's usually just you in the car and it'll feel much better. You'll get a quieter, nicer ride too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom