C63 Secondary Cat Delete

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sazzyb

Car
C63 Coupe PPP
So I am having my car booked to have the secondary cats gutted by a reputable guy called Paul (Sponsor on m3cutters) who completed my 4 pipe exhaust mode on my previous M5. This is going to be his first AMG exhaust mod but no issue since his work is top notch. I am getting the gut done from the top so nothing will be visible under the car since I do not want any issues come MOT or difficultly with any warranty claims at dealer.

My question.... Is this the best way forward if I want to keep the OEM noise but louder? I do not want the rasp that you get from removing the resonator. Any noticeable difference loss of low down torque etc?

Any info will be greatly appreciated :D

When I gutted mine it didn't make that much of a diffence to the sound to be honest. Maybe a little louder up in the higher rev range.

When I gutted mine it didn't make that much of a diffence to the sound to be honest. Maybe a little louder up in the higher rev range.

I had the same work done on mine albeit with resonator delete go for it and see how it sounds with secondary's gutted and if you are not satisfied you can get further work done

Really, any difference in terms of downshift?

I had the same work done on mine albeit with resonator delete �� go for it and see how it sounds with secondary's gutted and if you are not satisfied you can get further work done ��

Did you loss the bark on start up im worried that it will lose the characteristics of the OEM sound. Which is great imo but just a tad tame if that makes sense :thumb:.

Downshifts no real difference just a tad louder. No you won't lose the bark on cold start. Only way to make it louder is to do the resonator delete and put X pipe in its place. I'm still running the resonator with gutted cats.

Saying this. My car was a loud one as standard. Some are louder than others for some reason. When I brought mine ( private ) I was convinced it had exhaust work done because it had more of a deep growl on start up than the others I'd viewed. But there's been posts on here of people saying some sound louder and deeper than others.

When you have the secondaries gutted you won't believe how restrictive the **** they put in there is. It took me longer to get the stuff out of the cats than it did to remove the exhaust do all the welding and re fit it.

I'm gonna go totally catless as soon as I get the time and money. Now that will be loud lol.

No, you don't lose the bark on startup. in fact you get a angrier bark with secondary gutted and resonator off. Standard the car was too quiet for my liking as the cabin is well insulated. Now you can hear it properly from the inside, no drone on motorways, growl only comes on tap when you put foot down. if you are unsure I would go for secondary cat gutted first then see what you think. I went all out straight away and I love it!

I had it side by side with my mates c63 standard and it definitely gives a angrier bark.

No, you don't lose the bark on startup. in fact you get a angrier bark with secondary gutted and resonator off. Standard the car was too quiet for my liking as the cabin is well insulated. Now you can hear it properly from the inside, no drone on motorways, growl only comes on tap when you put foot down. if you are unsure I would go for secondary cat gutted first then see what you think. I went all out straight away and I love it!

I had it side by side with my mates c63 standard and it definitely gives a angrier bark.

Looks like that may be the way forward if there is no drone did you place straights or x pipe instead of the resonator?

Downshifts no real difference just a tad louder. No you won't lose the bark on cold start. Only way to make it louder is to do the resonator delete and put X pipe in its place. I'm still running the resonator with gutted cats.

Saying this. My car was a loud one as standard. Some are louder than others for some reason. When I brought mine ( private ) I was convinced it had exhaust work done because it had more of a deep growl on start up than the others I'd viewed. But there's been posts on here of people saying some sound louder and deeper than others.

When you have the secondaries gutted you won't believe how restrictive the **** they put in there is. It took me longer to get the stuff out of the cats than it did to remove the exhaust do all the welding and re fit it.

I'm gonna go totally catless as soon as I get the time and money. Now that will be loud lol.

lol total catless is asking for trouble :D bonkers loud, might as well get downpipes if your thinking of removing the primary

I just got straights, paid £300 all in from a local performance garage.

Also obliged on the recent group buy here for the eurocharged v5 map and handheld getting it on Tuesday! I think there's still a few available if you are interested haha. It's on the other thread.

I've had the work done for over a couple of months and the novelty hasn't worn off yet. Don't think it will. Turns heads now for sure, both by the sound and its looks.

I just got straights, paid £300 all in from a local performance garage.

Also obliged on the recent group buy here for the eurocharged v5 map and handheld getting it on Tuesday! I think there's still a few available if you are interested haha. It's on the other thread.

I've had the work done for over a couple of months and the novelty hasn't worn off yet. Don't think it will. Turns heads now for sure, both by the sound and its looks.

I was looking at that post, the map does make the exhaust note louder :cool:
You should consider putting it on dyno to see what it will be pushing Acid quoted 700 for V5 map inc dyno if you take it to msl :thumb:

Yep I get thumbs up and "give it a rev" from passers by just don't want to give some poor old sod a trip to A&E by going catless.

unfortunately not anywhere near msl, up the neck of the woods in scotland. will be looking to see what results i get on dyno after the map and exhaust mods. £600 for map and handheld is a bargain imo. i think they are usually around £900 if im not mistaken.

That is a cracking price for the handheld and very easy to do.

How did you find the mod!?

Hey bud,

I removed the secondary cats and resonators, both where replaced with straight pipes.

Best oem mod you can do. 10 months on no issues, no drone and loud when you plant your right foot :devil:

The bark on start up is also more loud and refined.

You won't be disappointed mate, unless your missus says otherwise! :D

If you don't mind, how much did this mod cost?

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom