C63 secondary cats gutted.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spw2383

Car
C63AMG
Hi all,
I have had the secondary cats gutted by a fabricating company local to me in West Yorkshire. I don't know if it will work or not but I have saved the photos in photo bucket and attached the link below.
It was a sod to get all of the stuff out of the cats and it took a couple of hours to do. I bought a secondhand exhaust off eBay and decided to go for it.
I think It sounds great, I have done the images so that anyone who was wondering how to do it hopefully will be able to access the link.
Hope it is of some help.

http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/shaun2383/library/

How did you find gutting them not easy trying to remove the cats when you've opened them up is it lol.

Opening them up was the easy bit, the fabricator did that with a thin grinding wheel, he then started to cut across the guts and try to pull the stuff out with a pair of pliers. It appears that it is stuck together quite well.
When I saw what he was doing I suggested that we drilled the second one with lots of holes. This made the second one a lot easier to clean out than the first one.
I would say that it took a couple of hours to empty them both.

jotter22 said:
Sound clip please:thumb: Tony.

I think that I have now attached a short video to the original link, please let me know if it's not there.thanks.

jotter22 said:
Sound clip please:thumb: Tony.

Hi Tony,
I think the video is now attached to the original link, please let me know if it's not.

Wish I could make mine sound like this!!! Sounds awesome!!!

Why not just remove them?

Nice one - I had this done on my old C63 (actually removed the cats though) - the car sounds perfect with the secondary cats done. I'd also rather spend a couple of hundred quid on this mod than an exhaust change. I put my car on the rollers after having this done and it went from 507 to 520 (it was a 507 edition).

Thats what I did, then put them back when I was done but its an MOT failure if a car had cats and they are no longer there - apparently - hence why people gut them. My car was new so I had a 3 year grace period on mine.

F1BHP said:
As Duncs3 says, it's an MOT issue, I didn't want to keep putting the original pipes/cats back on and off. I get the car serviced and MOT done but the main dealers and they would pick up on it straight away. The car sounds good enough for me, I never thought that I would have done anything to it because it was the sound of the car that attracted me to it in the first place.

Hi all,
I have had the secondary cats gutted by a fabricating company local to me in West Yorkshire. I don't know if it will work or not but I have saved the photos in photo bucket and attached the link below.
It was a sod to get all of the stuff out of the cats and it took a couple of hours to do. I bought a secondhand exhaust off eBay and decided to go for it.
I think It sounds great, I have done the images so that anyone who was wondering how to do it hopefully will be able to access the link.
Hope it is of some help.

shaun2383's Library | Photobucket

Nicely done!

Wanted mine done by Imran at Torqueflow @ MSL but he said will take few hours.
So got resonator delete instead.
Sounds epic now! Not too loud nor too raspy. Just nice. Plus no worries with MOT.

nor too raspy.

Yes, that's the noise I didn't want on mine so I've avoided C63 boxes or modifying the standard ones.

I wanted the same sound as standard but a lot louder.

I've done more than the resonator but it is the same sound but louder still than just doing the resonator.

Yes, that's the noise I didn't want on mine so I've avoided C63 boxes or modifying the standard ones.

I wanted the same sound as standard but a lot louder.

I've done more than the resonator but it is the same sound but louder still than just doing the resonator.

What is it you have done? Do you have any video/sound clips of it? Really un sure of what to do with mine :dk:

Have a look at my YT channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEcVp5l7aKL7cn_Rc28dtDA

There are two periods of clips and I put in the description all the mods that were done at the time.

I just wanted meaty and louder but not rasp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom