C63 service B

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It assumes that it was. Massive f up by mb imo

It's always possible it might have been done - I guess the dealer should be able to look it up. Unlikely though.

ESS has always produced random results for my car, presumably due to its low mileage. It was a right pain when it was on ServicePlus - if ESS didn't call for something then there was no way the dealer would do it.

Last service on mine was a B service carried out at main dealer and I had the Gearbox and Rear Diff oil changed too, all for £500

Last edited:
Last service I had was an oil change
Gearbox oil and brake fluid quoted about £1200.00
So I got the service package three services paying £56 a month for 24 months
So paying £1344.00 for three services
That was a hard decision !!

My friends who work at the dealer can't work out how they make money

Last service I had was an oil change
Gearbox oil and brake fluid quoted about £1200.00
So I got the service package three services paying £56 a month for 24 months
So paying £1344.00 for three services
That was a hard decision !!

My friends who work at the dealer can't work out how they make money

Because they charge a fortune for things like oil etc. That's still expensive at the end of the day, it's just that the original quote was of the scale. Then they always call you later in the day telling you need things like tyres or brake pads. They said I had some light corrosion on a brake line and could rub it down and wax it for £140! I'll do that myself for £20 thanks.

Servicing costs have spiralled to a ridiculous level tbh. I also took out the service plan when I bought my C63, £45 per month is not too bad compared to £1k ish for a service every year. The base cost of £100 ish per hour hour is madness, but the actual cost must be much greater, it must only take a couple of hours to service a C63 and I'd be surprised if the consumables cost any more than £100. A dealers bodyshop, which in my opinion is more skilled than changing oil only charge around £30/40 per hour, this is because they are kept in check my the insurance companies.

Servicing costs have spiralled to a ridiculous level tbh. I also took out the service plan when I bought my C63, £45 per month is not too bad compared to £1k ish for a service every year. The base cost of £100 ish per hour hour is madness, but the actual cost must be much greater, it must only take a couple of hours to service a C63 and I'd be surprised if the consumables cost any more than £100. A dealers bodyshop, which in my opinion is more skilled than changing oil only charge around £30/40 per hour, this is because they are kept in check my the insurance companies.

yeah i'd guess they probably make 50% profit from the services, that big fancy showroom needs funded somehow. :dk:

I've just had mine for its B service today at Mercedes Benz in Inverness. I was quoted £750 to start off with, this included gearbox oil change and air filter replacement.

As it happened, my car had previously had the gearbox oil changed, 3 services ago, and I have BMC filters fitted, so no need for that either.

In the end, after a 27% discount, which I'd not asked for, my total bill was £395.

Sorry for the repost I can't seem to comment on the previous post I started about being quoted 1,067 for my service B on my c63 12 plate coupe....anyway popped into the local merc dealer today they told me the price was for oil change, gearbox and brake fluid and spark plugs. I got a 10 percent discount so it's now priced at 961 pounds is this still too much? Would msl be a lot cheaper?

Thanks

^ I'd guarantee MSL would be cheaper.
Give Acid a call and get a quote
07765 44 44 47

seesixtythree said:
Sorry for the repost I can't seem to comment on the previous post I started about being quoted 1,067 for my service B on my c63 12 plate coupe....anyway popped into the local merc dealer today they told me the price was for oil change, gearbox and brake fluid and spark plugs. I got a 10 percent discount so it's now priced at 961 pounds is this still too much? Would msl be a lot cheaper? Thanks

Have you not read our replies to you ?

yeah i'd guess they probably make 50% profit from the services, that big fancy showroom needs funded somehow. :dk:

I don't know if it would be same for a marque like Mercedes etc, but a neighbour of ours dis accounts for a Peugeot dealer and she said that's typically how it works - the workshop covers all of the dealerships' fixed costs.

They make next to nothing on new cars, a bit on used, and a bit on parts.

It came up in a discussion about how much of a disaster it was for the dealers finances that one of their ramps was blocked by a car in bits waiting for a part.

I too pay for the MB service plan for my 2011 C63 coupe, £45 per month.
Had the B service carried out in February this year at MB of Wakefield at 26k miles.
They had the car all day as it was spark plugs, transmission fluid, and rear diff oil, plus everything else on your list, ( they always replace the rear diff oil at every service, as Kevin the service manager recommends this on AMG cars). Without the service plan they quoted £700.
As it was serviced there they did the MOT for free.

Little Lofty said:

A body shop more skilled than a Mercedes Benz trained technician? How many people in body shops are trained in air con, electronics, electrics, cooling systems, diagnostics, mechanics, wheels, tyres, brakes, lubricants, etc etc etc

Come and work for me for a week. I'd quite happily show you the score.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom