C63 service issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fordgt40

Car
C63 AMG estate
Had a B service carried out last Autumn at the local AMG centre, mileage 14500, a month or so later I noticed a big oil stain on the driveway underneath the gearbox and because as you all know the gearbox oil is changed, obviously there was a leak and after numerous phone calls and a lot of messing about I got it delivered to the dealership, a couple of days later it was fixed and according to them 'this sometimes happens because the gearbox pan can jiggle about a bit' I didn't even bother to comment on that and it's been fine until yesterday when it happened again in exactly the same place, mileage now 16,500.

In their defence Mercedes breakdown have been fantastic and picked the car up within an hour and dropped off a new S class, dealership has called today to say the car is ready, reason this time 'residual oil' I will ask for a better explanation tomorrow when I pick it up.

The reason for this rant is why do main dealerships treat customers in such a dismissive way.

Because they think we are all stupid and know nothing about cars.

In reality most owners of AMG models will likely know more about cars and the mechanics than the "fitters" they now employ.

Gone are the days of trained technicians basically now all they need to know is how to follow a diagram to fit parts.

Its a real travesty and BMW dealers are even worse.

At lease you got a decent courtesy car and service in that respect.

I'm mighty impressed with the S class to the point I would consider buying one only thing is it's just a bit too big and the steering isn't to my taste.

I'm mighty impressed with the S class to the point I would consider buying one only thing is it's just a bit too big and the steering isn't to my taste.

Which engine is it?

I love the new S Class coupe is a stunning car!

Because they think we are all stupid and know nothing about cars.

In reality most owners of AMG models will likely know more about cars and the mechanics than the "fitters" they now employ.

Gone are the days of trained technicians basically now all they need to know is how to follow a diagram to fit parts.

Its a real travesty and BMW dealers are even worse.

At lease you got a decent courtesy car and service in that respect.

Stu, not having a go...but how much work have you done on cars? And do you really believe MB employ untrained mechanics?

Car enthusiasts may know more about some cars...but how many know about actually working on cars?

Me...I have stripped engines and rebuilt them, thank goodness I no longer have to...but I'm glad someone is out there to do it. Would you rebuild a gearbox...no...then who??

Most of those indies we all value so much...where do you think they came from?

Last edited:
Stu, not having a go...but how much work have you done on cars? And do you really believe MB employ untrained mechanics?

Car enthusiasts may know more about some cars...but how many know about actually working on cars?

Me...I have stripped engines and rebuilt them, thank goodness I no longer have to...but I'm glad someone is out there to do it. Would you rebuild a gearbox...no...then who??

I think the point I was trying to make in simple terms is main dealers no longer repair parts or problems. They simply dispose of the problem and fit new.

I have never know a dealer to rebuild a gearbox or engine they just simply say oh its broke it needs a new gearbox.

It's a crying shame they don't do the 350cdi in coupe. Would love one once they are in my price range

I totally agree, I'll be sad when it's gone tomorrow but my C63 estate is not that bad.

I think the point I was trying to make in simple terms is main dealers no longer repair parts or problems. They simply dispose of the problem and fit new.

I have never know a dealer to rebuild a gearbox or engine they just simply say oh its broke it needs a new gearbox.

Absolutely...but the guys getting their hands dirty do know what they are doing, even if not allowed to do it.

I had *exactly* the same thing happen to my c63, not long after the gearbox oil change. Mercedes breakdown were very good and my dealer dealt with it well. Guess mistakes happen so fair enough. Got a brand new BMW 330d M sport as a courtesy car which was actually a great car!

Guys, what was the fix? Had the same problem after 3rd year gearbox service and two years later still not got to the end of it because its a slow leak, already paid for what they thought the problem was and it still has not sorted it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom