C63 service requirements?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AL3X

Car
C63 AMG
My C63 is on 40k now and soon will require a service, can anyone tell me what it will consist of at this mileage

I did Check on the MB website but found it confusing

I don't have performance pack or LSD to my knowledge so would the diff oil still need changing, because I know with LSD it needs changing at like 2k miles but it says if no LSD then an oil change is not required(does this mean at 2k or forever??)
If the diff oil does need changing, I've been told by someone the whole subframe needs dropping to do it and I'm looking at about £1300, surely this is excessive?

Cheers

Does that require the box oil to be changed and the diff oil or? And is there anything else?

As far as I am aware, diff fluid is still not part of the service schedule.
But it can be changed.

I had mine changed a while back.
If a fluid can be changed, change it. That's what I say.

As far as I am aware, diff fluid is still not part of the service schedule.
But it can be changed.

Rashman, if you print the work list from ESS it comes up in the list (attached for my recent one), but the cost of this might be a separate charge item, as you say. Just had mine serviced last month at Brooklands, and I don't have the dif, but I know ATF change was extra charge previously. Also, learnt that if you have a service plan all these things that come up in the list are included in the price, so if you plan to keep it in the dealership network a service plan covering big services is a good idea. Before, Service Plan was not available to used cars, but it is not so I've just gone with a 3 services included in the plan, haven't paid a penny yet and had my B service done :bannana:.

Also, in case folks don't know, ESS produces a longer more specific work shop tick list of what should be done, and my dealer give me that list with ticks for my service record.

I keep forgetting to ask - what mileage have you done now, can't be much.

View attachment ESS Guide for Service: A204077156985:V174MA126500 07052014.pdf

I don't have LSD, does that mean It does still need a diff fluid change? I am awfully confused.

As for the trans service, the last service was done a bit early, 32k or so, and I don't remember reading anything about the transmission on the receipt so I'd assume it does need doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom