c63 servicing requirements

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pokageek

Car
2016 C63 Coupe
Hello

I'm looking at a 2018 c63 with 16k miles on the clock. I know it will vary but what services should i expect to have been done at this mileage and age? Is there a run in service like on the m3's as well

another quick query, i ran an HPI check and it states a discrepancy on the national mileage database. Its shows it at 39735 on the 19/12/20 and current mileage around 16k . Do these records tend to be accurate? I havent seem the service history yet but will have a look as as soon as i can.

Thanks

Attachments

• mileage.JPG
    mileage.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 16
A 2018 model should have had one A and one B service done so far and another A service due this year.
Servicing schedule is every 12 months or 15500 (IIRC) miles whichever is the soonest.
You can get an idea of what is due next service n this website

No idea on the accuracy of the HPI check re mileage, but the service history will reveal whatever it was, if serviced correctly in 2020.

Personally, I wouldn't buy the car until I had a good explanation to the 'shrinking' mileage. And 'the national mileage database isn't accurate' doesn't count.... did it have its first MOT yet? At any rate, the service history will reveal all.

The third service (due this year) is a bit of a biggie... so check if it has been done, and if it wasn't due yet, get a quote so that you know what to budget for.

Make sure the 3rd service has been carried out as it's a "big one".
Diff oil should have been changed at around 2k miles.
Contact a dealer to check the service history and also have a look at the DVLA website

- Dust filter every15.5k/2 yrs
- Brake fluid every 2 yrs
- Air Filter every 31k/3 yrs
- Diff oil every 31k/3 yrs
- Spark plugs every 46.5k/3yrs
- ATF every 31k/3yrs
- Pan roof 31k/3yrs

- Fuel filter every 124k/10 yrs

Accurate history is everything. If it doesn't look right or feel right just walk away. Ask yourself the question: is there any reason at all why I should not buy this car.
At that age it should be under MB warranty and with full MB history.

I bought and payed for a gorgeous E350 cabrio from Available Car last year, they told me that there was a discrepancy with the mileage as shown on the database, they informed me that it would be corrected to reflect the cars true mileage as shown on the dash and their paperwork.
They had all the MERC dealer service records to prove this and it would be sent to the database to be proved and corrected, as it happens a lot.
On arriving a week later to take the car away they said the database had not yet approved their evidence, so with this Available Car said sorry, but regrettably we cannot now sell it to you, it will be returned to the auction house and all my £18,000 was returned.
About a week later the salesman rang, the cabrio you wanted, its been finally approved and database adjusted to show correct miles, around 15,000 less.
Too late though as I bought one from somewhere else.:(

thanks all. I'll check on the SH tomorrow. MOT hasn't been done yet. 1st one fell due last month but i guess its been on the forecourt

thanks all. I'll check on the SH tomorrow. MOT hasn't been done yet. 1st one fell due last month but i guess its been on the forecourt
To add to what others have said, I personally wouldn't trust the digital service record. I bought a 17 plate car in July last year (from an indie), it had a 'Full' merc history BUT - certain items which should have been done were declined by the previous owner prior to them selling it. The important point to note here is that digital service record is very light on detail in this respect and is only ever as detailed as the previous servicing dealer(s) can be bothered to be. Meaning I was blissfully unaware that those things were outstanding (Diff oil change, ATF oil/filter, spark plugs, air filters).

In my case, despite having paid for a service plan to cover said items, because they were declined and overdue, I had to pay separately to get them all done outside of the plan.

In short, it will pay you to take the time and explore the history as much as you can (will be difficult if you don't own it admittedly).

Thanks, Im finding this car hunt to be a complete nightmare!! every potential car i find uncovers something that doesn't feel right!

Can i ask if MB are likely to help me investigate the history? I don't know where it was serviced so not sure where to start

Thanks

sorted the service history check now. I found a very helpful lady in the chichester branch. Looks like the car has had the services required to date and the mileage stacks up with the actual current mileage. i.e it was at 15k or so in dec 2020 versus the 39k on the register. She couldn't see if the diff oil had been done as it doesn't come up separately. Looks like a major is due in december this year.

.... Looks like a major is due in december this year.

Indeed:

Contact a dealer to check the service history and also have a look at the DVLA website

- ATF every 31k/3yrs
- Pan roof 31k/3yrs

sorted the service history check now. I found a very helpful lady in the chichester branch. Looks like the car has had the services required to date and the mileage stacks up with the actual current mileage. i.e it was at 15k or so in dec 2020 versus the 39k on the register. She couldn't see if the diff oil had been done as it doesn't come up separately. Looks like a major is due in december this year.
That's what I mean about the history being 'light on detail'. Even when I asked Mercedes Nottingham (my servicing dealer) about the Diff oil, they told me in didn't need doing (even though it had NEVER been done), this is because the system doesn't flag a missed item until the next time cycle (in the case of the diff oil, another 3 years or 30,000 miles!). I had to force the point with them and convince them it needed to be done...not a great state of affairs.

I you do buy the car, you might want to consider taking-out a Service Care Plan before December.

- ATF every 31k/3yrs
- Pan roof 31k/3yrs

Is this schedule for this model year specifically or can it be used for W204 C63 as well?

i've now put a deposit down on a different car so all good!!

next question is " will this annoy my neighbours too much" . Its a standard c63 coupe and with the exhaust valve closed, i'm hoping it won't attract too much attention at 6am :)

Thanks

next question is " will this annoy my neighbours too much" . Its a standard c63 coupe and with the exhaust valve closed, i'm hoping it won't attract too much attention at 6am :)

Thanks
Cold start on my car is incredible and that's before I open the additional valves. I'm sure my neighbours love it too (well that's what I keep telling myself anyway) :)

Thanks
Even if you have car nuts as Neighbours, then they need to be understanding to have an AMG cold start early in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom