C63 & snow foam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

540YMX

Car
AMG C63s Coupe
Having the car protected with Gyeon Q² Matte makes cleaning very easy but I have been using Autoglym Polar Blast which produces a very thick coating which dwells for ages.

Currently Halfords have 20% off so 2.5 litres of Polar Blast is only £13.60, I can easily get 2 washes out of 100ml of detergent using an Autobrite snow foam lance.

polarblast1.jpg

rinsed.jpg

finished.jpg

Car looks superb as usual. Are you saying you foam and leave ? Job done? ( sorry for ignorance). Where abouts in East Anglia are you? I’m just outside Ipswich.

No you still have to power wash the form off. But it does loosen the grim on the car. You still have to hand wash it as well, well I do.

Love it!!

Get mine back wednesday from a 2 week detail and full PPF!

Cant wait!!

No you still have to power wash the form off. But it does loosen the grim on the car. You still have to hand wash it as well, well I do.

Ok, cool. No easy win there then! My car is currently having stage 2 detail and ceramic coating. See what it’s like to keep clean after this, as Im self declaring that I’m rubbish at cleaning cars!

Good shout on the Polar Blast. I use it every day when valeting my client's cars. That's a cheap deal. :)

Car looks superb as usual. Are you saying you foam and leave ? Job done? ( sorry for ignorance). Where abouts in East Anglia are you? I’m just outside Ipswich.

As Sweetafton says, wash off the polar foam and then wash as normal. With the ceramic coating the car is almost spotless after the initial jet blast to get the dirt off even before the Polar Blast treatment but drying without washing seems a dumb thing to do.

About 60 miles along the A14 from Ipswich so not close by!

I think you've left the snow foam on too long, it's taken all the shine off the paint!!

Lovely looking car :thumb:

I’m
Jet wash
Snow foam (clean wheels with Bilt hammer whilst the foam is dwelling)
Jet wash
Hand wash (2 bucket with grit guards- 3 buckets if we’re counting the one for the wheels!)
Low pressure jet wash to rinse - 1
Low pressure jet wash through a filter - 1
Microfibre dry
All shuts then cleaned
Wheels microfibre cloth dried
Tyres dressed
There’s probably at least one step too many there but I’m happy...
Every 4th then gets a Gyeon wet coat to top up the ceramic

I’m
Jet wash
Snow foam (clean wheels with Bilt hammer whilst the foam is dwelling)
Jet wash
Hand wash (2 bucket with grit guards- 3 buckets if we’re counting the one for the wheels!)
Low pressure jet wash to rinse - 1
Low pressure jet wash through a filter - 1
Microfibre dry
All shuts then cleaned
Wheels microfibre cloth dried
Tyres dressed
There’s probably at least one step too many there but I’m happy...
Every 4th then gets a Gyeon wet coat to top up the ceramic

That used to be my process as well, until I was informed that jet washing the car before the snow foam just dilutes it and makes it less effective.

Now I apply a pre-wash to a dry car, snow foam over the top of the pre-wash and then rinse after about 10 minutes. It definitely seems to be more effective and there is less dirt on the car when I actually come to the hand wash stage of the process.

That used to be my process as well, until I was informed that jet washing the car before the snow foam just dilutes it and makes it less effective.

Now I apply a pre-wash to a dry car, snow foam over the top of the pre-wash and then rinse after about 10 minutes. It definitely seems to be more effective and there is less dirt on the car when I actually come to the hand wash stage of the process.
Thanks Chris, what prewash are you using?

Thanks Chris, what prewash are you using?

No worries, I am using products from Premium quality car products at affordable prices -Anachem Automotive but most companies offer a similar pre-wash product in their range. Most tend to be citrus based and can be diluted depending on the level of dirt on the car.

I really noticed a marked difference in how easy it is to clean the car using it, if I don't have time to complete a full wash a coat of pre-wash and a hose off gets about 80-90% of the dirt off without even touching the car with anything else.

Does the Jizz work? I'm yet to be convinced it does much more than jet washing?

JDL60 = are you happy with the BMW i8 so far?
It came out 2nd on my short list of 3.

1st was the Jaguar F-Type R.

As Sweetafton says, wash off the polar foam and then wash as normal. With the ceramic coating the car is almost spotless after the initial jet blast to get the dirt off even before the Polar Blast treatment but drying without washing seems a dumb thing to do.

About 60 miles along the A14 from Ipswich so not close by!

Good stuff. My cars back from a stage 2 detail and ceramic coating tomorrow so looking forward to it but by my own admission am rubbish at washing cars! Hopefully the ceramic will help.

Oh well, unlikely to see the beast locally then!

JDL60 = are you happy with the BMW i8 so far?
It came out 2nd on my short list of 3.

1st was the Jaguar F-Type R.
The i8 is an absolute revelation IMO, only had it since December but I liked it, then have grown to love it now.
OK, not the most practical car, but I’ve a Volvo XC90 for that kind of service.
The i8 is drop dead gorgeous, plenty quick enough..
Downsides? Lack of theatre in terms of noise, but then in spooky silent mode it has a different ‘theatre’, brakes can catch you unawares in that in electric it has some/a lot of assistance, sometimes when you switch modes you expect what isn’t there... just gets a bit of getting used to
If you don’t like being stared at, don’t get one- anything else seems, well ‘ordinary’
Highly recommended....
What was third as a matter of interest?

Lexus 500 hybrid.
Two things put me off (a little) with the i8:
1. Gull wings - need to plan ahead where one parks! Also if the car rolled in an accident - how do doors open?
2. Cars introduced in UK in 2014, batteries now 5 years old - warranted to 8 years I believe? Over the next few years owners will start experiencing battery changes and rumour on the street (it not having happened yet) is that this could be eye wateringly expensive. (£5k+).......
But it is a cutting edge car and it still tickles my fancy!!!

The SLS gull wing doors have small explosive charges in the bolts that sever the hinges in the event of being trapped upside down. The i8 may be similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom