C63 Speakers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bhavp21

Car
VW MK2R32 & BMW E92 M3 CP
Hi guys, new on the site and to the Merc scene...

Looking to get a W204 C63 coupe...

Saw a lovely C63 coupe today, but the audio system sounded very basic... did not have HK... i heard another previously that did have the HK audio the deapth/bass was great... this one sounded nothing like it...

Was wondering what speaker options did they come with...?

HK is normally the top option where you find it available.

Not sure on what lower levels were available - you'd need to get hold of a Europe / UK brochure for the year you are looking which you can usually find on the web.

If it matters to you and you are happy with the HK you heard though, I would just aim for one with it!

HK is normally the top option where you find it available.

Not sure on what lower levels were available - you'd need to get hold of a Europe / UK brochure for the year you are looking which you can usually find on the web.

If it matters to you and you are happy with the HK you heard though, I would just aim for one with it!
Thnx for info...

In all honesty i the HK was better then the car i heard, i dont rate HK at all... got rid of it in my E92 M3 aswell for Audison...

Iv been told HK had a sub on parcel shelf... basic speaker pack didnt...

Just really want to know if theres a "hole" on parcel shelf for a sub...? As i want to keep the look factory...

Il be upgrading speakers for sure, but dont want to start cutting things or putting sub box in boot...

Thnx for info...

In all honesty i the HK was better then the car i heard, i dont rate HK at all... got rid of it in my E92 M3 aswell for Audison...

Iv been told HK had a sub on parcel shelf... basic speaker pack didnt...

Just really want to know if theres a "hole" on parcel shelf for a sub...? As i want to keep the look factory...

Il be upgrading speakers for sure, but dont want to start cutting things or putting sub box in boot...

I think it can be made to sound "alright" but it's not great.

Yes, the HK does have a sub on the parcel shelf but it's small, weedy and crap.

In my previous E55 there was a space for an HK subwoofer but the car didn't have it so I fitted my own.

Looks like this:

110270d1185455348-subwoofer-installation-rear-deck-w211-dremel-time-reardeck16.jpg

I created a series of 3 x MDF squares with a sub-size circle cut out in each and bolted them together.

I started with 2 but the long throw of the sub meant it slapped against the metal you see above.

I had bolts sticking out the top of it so I could put nuts on them and tighten it so it hung down underneath what you see.

Then I used Dynamat all over the shelf to ensure all the holes were covered and it was sound-proofed.

The problem is, any half-decent sub with those MDF "gaskets" hangs down quite far what with a massive magnet so you reduce the load height of the boot.

So I have a massive JL sub box in my current S Class and it has plug I can disconnect and remove it if I need to (say for going on holiday).

Works well and you get the decent acoustics of a decent manufacturer-designed enclosure, and the practicality of your boot when you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom