C63 spoilers, painting carbon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was looking at a rather controversial ducktail spoiler but as it was from a Russian ebayer and I was uncertain of the quality Ive ran scared.
I have a UK sourced carbon one in mind. Anyone dealt with carbon factory? What's the quality like and can these be colour coded?

Mercedes Benz C Class W204 Carbon Fibre Spoiler R Style 4 Door Saloon

I have had no dealings with this Company or it's Products, but if the Spoiler is in fact True Carbon Fibre, in my experience the Clear Cured Resin will be rather difficult to Paint Over! :(

None of these are full carbon. Carbon skinned on FRP. All from CHINA/TAIWAN. You can paint over them no problems once the clear coat is sand down and primered.

As Boon said ^

you’d know if it was real carbon by the price... extreme carbon/storm motorsport stock that spoiler I believe

Cool. Sent it to body shop guy he reckons he can work with it fine. I feel a purchase coming on.....

Why dont you want to leave it carbon fibre?

Just wondered, i have a white car and went with carbon fibre stuff on it and the contrast (to me) looks very good

Just wondered, i have a white car and went with carbon fibre stuff on it and the contrast (to me) looks very good

I wouldn't argue with you - I've seen that look well - it's just a matter of taste. Ironically having a spoiler that matches the car on a c63 is daring to be different!:)

Well it seems doing anything cosmetic on a merc is mostly frowned upon, but i think you just gotta do what you think looks good and just screw what anyone else things

Well it seems doing anything cosmetic on a merc is mostly frowned upon, but i think you just gotta do what you think looks good and just screw what anyone else things
lol yes i'm gathering that!

lol yes i'm gathering that!

in fact any modding of any sort folks really dont like unless your swapping a set of standard wheels for another set of standard wheels, i have done lots of mods on mine and dont care as I think my car looks better than theirs (at least its not the same as the other 400 million going about) but im sure many will argue this point :rolleyes:

I hear ya - it's been a culture shock coming here!
What actually really astounds me is just the lack of general "how to" and basic service info.
When you search for technical info there's just threads and threads of people comparing prices from their local dealers - I find that horrific - however it's a different market. :)

Agreed, i also have a jdm car (had it 10 years now) and its night and day between the 2 forums. There its all about mods either performance, styling or reliability etc and here its a lot about what you said and yes a different market

glad I'm not the only one lol - yeah I have a long JDM history and just expected business as usual - That said, no regrets buying this monster - It would just be great if more people round here turned spanners instead of going to main dealers for oil changes :)

Reason for that i think is the vast majority are pcp, lease deals or still in warranty, i am not rich enough to buy new so bought second hand so its mine and i can do what i want with it

glad I'm not the only one lol - yeah I have a long JDM history and just expected business as usual - That said, no regrets buying this monster - It would just be great if more people round here turned spanners instead of going to main dealers for oil changes :)
I do all my own spanner work, servicing, mods etc. in fact I have never taken a car I have owned to a garage for any repairs or servicing. This is probably because I am a tight yorkshire man and if I can not do it it does not get done:D

Nothing wrong with modding a MB to make it personal :)

CLS-wheels-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom