C63 "squeak" source

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ConorS

Car
C63 AMG saloon 2013
Hi everyone

First post for a new owner of a 2013 C63 saloon (51k miles, silver exterior, red leather int) which I'm loving so far!
However it has developed a low "squeak" from the passenger-side rear suspension which is only audible on entering or leaving the car or when deliberately pushing down on that corner. I suspect it is a bush that has worn as it's the exact same symptoms I had in an 5 series years ago which needed a bush replaced.
Do you think I'm right?

Related question is, if it is a bush, would it be covered by the used Mercedes warranty that came with the car?
Ordinarily I would've thought it wouldn't be covered but the warranty paperwork explicitly says failure due to wear and tear up to 100k miles is covered and the part is not mentioned in the list of warranty coverage exclusions (although that list does include "gearbox, axle and drive line mountings" which I guess could be interpreted as including suspension bushes).

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks guys,
Conor

I'd ask the dealer you bought it from if they're prepared to have a look for free and let you know if what they find is covered. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks Steve84N

The dealer I bought it from is an independent and a bit of a drive from home/work and I'd say they'd just advise me to book it into Mercedes and see if it's covered under their warranty. The only trouble with that is that I've been verbally told by Mercedes that they won't be able to say for sure if it's covered by warranty until they get it on a ramp and confirm source and cause. If they decree it's not at that point, then I'll have already incurred a bill to cover Merc dealer labour rates! Whereas if I knew for sure it wasn't covered, I would just take it to a handy local garage near work where the labour rates are a bit more palatable!

Ah, I'd wrongly assumed you'd bought from a Mercedes main dealer.

When is the next service or MOT?

Ask the garage who is doing either to have a quick look for you then.

Chances are if it ain’t failed it ain’t covered.

Get a few miles on the car and see if it gets any worse.

If it was a Mercedes main dealer warranty then you would have in a better position than if it is an after market warranty.
Nearly all after market warranties are just a paper exercise with no real use/value as they will only pay up if the part has fully failed and then will it be on the included list..........chances are it won’t be.

Hope you get it fixed.

BS

It might be ball joints.

Thanks for advice guys.
It was serviced and MOT'd just in May there so a while yet before it's scheduled to be looked at again!
I've a good relationship with indie garage beside work so may ask him to have quick assessment of it to confirm source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom