c63 squeaking disaster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zoppi

Car
BMW 335i M
Hello guys,

I know this is a very popular feature of most c63's but I grew tired and frustrated of this horrible sound. Whenever I try to enjoy my car, it starts to squeal. Few days ago I took it to the dealership but as I expected they didn't come up with anything, saying that "MB Germany is aware of that and at the moment we cannot deal with that, blah blah blah". BTW, I don't recommend servicing your car at Brentford dealership; it took them 3 days to inspect my merc (!!!) (not including weekend) and not a single call from them in due time. I've been calling them for 2 days in a row, trying to reach the service guy with no luck. Only after I've spoken to the higher service manager, he called me back feeding all the BS about how he was busy. I must say I have never experienced such a bad quality customer service in my life. :mad:

Anyway, I'm seeking advice on this problem. I know there have been older threads regarding similar topic and I've studied them all.
Are there any c63 owners around who have solved this annoying issue? And if yes, HOW?:( Maybe someone can recommend a good dealership...Do you think replacing these ****ty brembo brakes with ceramic carbon ones worth a shot? (and which ones you can recommend).

Thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited:
Is the car new? if so how many miles have you done?

I am assuming its the brakes that are squeeling, if so it can take up to 1000 miles for the pads to properly bed in, you`ll find it will stop squeeling then.

EBC pads are the same, take 1000 miles before beding in, squeel like a banshee until then.

My dealer said that the standard Mercedes line is to dismantle and clean the brakes and charge the customer. If that does not fix it then they will refund the customer and replace pads and possibly discs subject to a charge to the customer for wear and tear. I only used to get it at slow speeds, but after spanking them really hard at Goodwood and new pads it has stopped.

When my CLS did it, they replaced the pads free of charge.

Performance pads can quite often be worse for squeeling.

Sorry, forgot to mention:

the car is brand new, it's been registered in Jan 2012. Its got 3200 (aprox.) miles on it. It's been squealing ever since :( I tried bedding in the brakes, it didn't help.

Last edited:
EBC bedding in

Try the above procedure to see if it helps, it made it better on mine but still took a while

Drive it like a nutter for 500 miles. Give the brakes a good hammering and this should sort it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom