C63: State of disc surfaces

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash59fifty-uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C204 C63, VW Transporter
Now I'm no expert on car parts...

Seen a few C63's for sale by MB, and a lot of them have brake discs looking like this:

image-1031061278.jpg

If they look like that will they need replacing soon? Or is it that the car has just been sat still on the forecourt for a while, and they turn like that till they've got some regular wear?

Slightly off putting, but thought I'd ask to save confusion

Just been washed then not used mate.

The surface of my discs have began to craze due to heat it has no bearing on the discs they are fine.

There is a dimple on AMG discs to measure thickness of dimple is gone they need changing.

StuartK said:
Just been washed then not used mate. The surface of my discs have began to craze due to heat it has no bearing on the discs they are fine. There is a dimple on AMG discs to measure thickness of dimple is gone they need changing.

Thought it might be something simple like that, you'd think they'd take a snap of them without them looking like that :thumb:

Thought it might be something simple like that, you'd think they'd take a snap of them without them looking like that :thumb:

Well it is crap presentation for the sake of applying the brakes a few times round the block.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom