C63 - to service or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Being worked on now. Hopefully can collect it tomorrow, if not then the day after. I’ll get more details of the gearbox issue.
£2700 ouch

Were you aware of a fault with your gearbox?

Sounds like a main dealer price.

I didn't get a quote from a Main Stealer but there are often reports on these forums of a B1 of it being a lot more tan that. The other issue is that my nearest MB dealer is 30 miles away in Norwich whereas the Indy is about 1.1/2 miles away :)

Mine is in for the A service plus additional items on the 28th main dealer £380 ish

Sitting on the sump sounds like the gearbox has dropped and is touching the subframe. This is usually due to collapsed engine mounts, which have fluid inside them.

How can you be given a bill if they are still working on it? Genuine question

How can you be given a bill if they are still working on it? Genuine question
This mechanic always does. Dropped the car off and they analysed it and gave me a call about 4 hours later outlining the problems and cost to fix. Then it’s up to me to decide if I want that issue fixed. Or if I take it somewhere else.

On the flip side it makes you more prepared for what the costs are up front.
Sitting on the sump sounds like the gearbox has dropped and is touching the subframe. This is usually due to collapsed engine mounts, which have fluid inside them.
Yup, that reminds me of him saying something like that.

I just paid £120 labour to have both engine mounts and the oil filter housing seals replaced on a 204 diesel, the parts cost circa £120 from MB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom