C63 Track Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Audio Addict

Car
2008 C63 AMG
Howdy,

Just wondering what tyres are good to use on track days on the standard 18" wheels?

I've got a set of 19" AMG wheels on the car with Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric and I seemed to get to the limit of grip pretty quickly at Castle Combe. I was thinking of using my set of 18's purely for track use and fitting some track tyres.

Thanks

Toyo R888R Road Legal Track Day Tyre
Nankang AR-1 265 35 R18 97Y EFF E WGRIP E NOISE 73

Tony.

Last edited:
Putting road tyres on for track days sounds like an expensive exercise

A set of 888s, Yokohama 032R/048R, etc, would make a huge difference

Alternatively there are usually lots of part-worn tyres available from race teams. If you can find a suitable size, and a good source of supply, then slicks or wets would give you lots of grip, great durability and low cost

Nick Froome

I purchased a set of Toyo R888R in the end, going to get them fitted to my spare set of wheels next week.

Alternatively there are usually lots of part-worn tyres available from race teams. If you can find a suitable size, and a good source of supply, then slicks or wets would give you lots of grip, great durability and low cost
If you want slicks, this is probably the best way to get them. - Obviously the previous owner will have taken some life out of them, and depending on how hard you push you might take the rest of the life.

At least with something like the R888 you can drive the car on the public highway; it's a bit of a pain having to swap wheels at the track.

PobodY said:
At least with something like the R888 you can drive the car on the public highway; it's a bit of a pain having to swap wheels at the track.

That was my thinking, at least you can test them on the road albeit at lesser speeds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom