C63 Transmission Judder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What is the consensus on this juddering. Is this a ticking time bomb or actually nothing major to worry about and it won't be a long term reliability issue? This box is used on plenty of other AMGs and seems reliable.

It might be just one of those issues thats annoying to some, some dont notice or dont care but its not a failure at any point.
Maybe they might wear out sooner than expected but well outside of warrenty.

Update, car has been in the dealers now 6 weeks and still they are waiting for Germany to give them answers. MB called me yesterday to say its now moved from Technical department Germany to Reearch and Development in Germany who will contact the dealer on the 30/04/2015.

In this day and age surely these timescales are taking the p@@s, what with email and phones etc, the fact its in german hands is no different to being round the corner.

Exactly, they are predicting it could take a total of 4 months they will have needed the car to sort it. I can not see why they dont fit a new transmission and "Investigate" the returned one at their lesiure rather than mine

Just had a call, they are going to replace the wet clutch.

ok cool good news. Do you know if there is now a technical bulletin on this? Mine probably needs replacing as well....

do you know how they actually managed to get the wet clutch replaced? Did they replicate this issue and send off diagnostics?

Hi ya,

They have a file sent to them from Germany, they connect Star up to different CAN lines and then perform certain driving moves, most that replicate the fault. This data then goes back to Germany. After 6 weeks of testing, they had my car all 6 weeks, Germany then told them to change it.

Result in the end

Hi All,

Quick update, car is now fixed!
Took 8 weeks for Germany to agree to change the wet clucth (That they where told on the first day) and now the judder is gone.
Drives a lot better, smoother changes etc.

Cool good news. I need to get them to change mine now....

Just awaiting MB UK to come back with their compensation offer :0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom