c63 v Alfa Romeo Guilia.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
Any of you C63 owners tempted by the new Alfa with a Ferrari derived V6??

Only premiered this week for a 2016 launch. Ferrari derived engine. Choice of rear or all wheel drive. 510bhp. 0-60 sub 4 second. Sexy looking. Different. Just a thought.

Mama Mia !:cool::cool::cool:

[YOUTUBE HD]mgOkB5CtqPE[/YOUTUBE HD]

yeah its cool.... Kind of BUT its an Alfa and i dont have a place in my heard for italian engineering over German.......

Yes even Ferrari.... Id choose Porsche anyday

I used to really like my Alfa's - I had loads of them (including three 147 GTA's) in the mid-noughties.

They were great for someone who at the time hadn't experienced a different level of engineering (never having owned a German car up to that point).

I briefly went back to an Italian car more recently with a Maserati Granturismo S (also with a supposedly Ferrari engineered engine). For such an expensive car, and in comparison to what you'd get from the various German manufacturers, it was shockingly bad in so many ways - even by my standards, the 4 months this car lasted was short.

I'd really want to like this Alfa but after the tremendous looking 159, I'm not sure about the styling - the area around the C-Pillar is very generic Japanese looking (a bit like those nondescript Infiniti saloons).

I also suspect that despite the power it'll be an also-ran, and won't be able to compete as a package with the German big-3 when it comes to the crunch. If Lexus (and all the might of Toyota behind it) can't do it, then I doubt Fiat can.

I have a soft spot for an Alfa, problem is you'd pay £52k for this it would nose dive in value probably sub £30k in 12 months which means it wouldn't sell as no one in their right mind would take that kind of loss.

I have a soft spot for an Alfa, problem is you'd pay £52k for this it would nose dive in value probably sub £30k in 12 months which means it wouldn't sell as no one in their right mind would take that kind of loss.

It's around the same monetary loss in first year as a C63 AMG...

I haven't a bad word to say about it bar it would be a lease jobbie only or a Mars bar & a packet of crisps @ five years old. Great there's more competition in the market place. If the dynamics are up there with the best, why not? Anyway, hope it's a success for Alfa just wonder how the dealers are these days.

It's a sexy looking thing for sure but the test drives of the 4C would make me wait for solid reviews before contemplating handing over cash.
Did I say it's a lovely looking thing already??!'

Looks and sounds great, I'd have one in the right circumstances.

You don't marry a car just own it for a bit, maybe couple of months or a couple of years.

Oh, I'll buy this VW Beetle err I mean Porsche 911 instead of a Ferrari.

Said no-one.

Ever.

lol drive a GT3 RS round a track and a 458 stradale and tell me what you prefer!

lol drive a GT3 RS round a track and a 458 stradale and tell me what you prefer!

I have driven the 458 funnily enough...

Probably just being harsh if I'm being honest but Porsches do absolutely nothing for me, I've driven a few different ones over the years and none (even the Turbo four wheel drive thing whose official name I forget) excited me and I really tried to like them but there's just a mental block I suppose.

Porsches are engineered to perfection!

My 911 is twice the car my cali was and cost quite abit less and not to mention drives miles better!

I've driven a 458 spider, excellent car however for the money a 911 is better, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom