C63 v Boxster S

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am gay and for reasons that are obvious wouldn't buy a Boxster. I would choose the far more masculine SLK55 but that's because I am butch.

Stu's Gay????? :eek:

And I'll bet I'm just his type. I do look like a much older Tom Daley (see signature) :D

If it pleases you that's all it matters,each to their own.
IMO I'd love to do a eurotrip in a s/cl65 a proper mile muncher.

It would be boring if we all liked exactly the same things. I wouldn't choose a CL or SL as for me Euro trips are not about the destination and sight seeing and needing to munch miles. It's all about the driving and the roads for me. Where you end up is just a decent bed and meal till you go off for a blast all day the next day. For that more frenetic type of driving the Boxster works for me. If it was more cruise and soak up the atmosphere and even taking passengers then I can see the appeal of a CL or SL. A C55 or C63 would be fun for a couple of hours but when you are doing 5+ hours of fast driving 5 or 6 days in a row they are just too much hard work. The Boxster just suits those type of roads and trips better.

C63 can be a good cruiser too, apart from fuel stops...!!

It would be boring if we all liked exactly the same things. I wouldn't choose a CL or SL as for me Euro trips are not about the destination and sight seeing and needing to munch miles. It's all about the driving and the roads for me. Where you end up is just a decent bed and meal till you go off for a blast all day the next day. For that more frenetic type of driving the Boxster works for me. If it was more cruise and soak up the atmosphere and even taking passengers then I can see the appeal of a CL or SL. A C55 or C63 would be fun for a couple of hours but when you are doing 5+ hours of fast driving 5 or 6 days in a row they are just too much hard work. The Boxster just suits those type of roads and trips better.

Single I assume?

Come on edc, this is a one make car forum meaning there's no room for sensible considered posts like yours and anybody who says anything remotely positive about another brand is immediately and rabidly declared a heretic by people who in real life are mostly decent blokes but come over all " are you looking at my bird/pint/car" thanks to the interweb ! ;)

Both C63 and M3 are fantastic cruisers. I did a four day trip in my m3 felt fresh every day after 300 miles per day of hard road driving.

Both C63 and M3 are fantastic cruisers. I did a four day trip in my m3 felt fresh every day after 300 miles per day of hard road driving.

I used to do 1600 miles in a day on my sclass when going back home ,I'd like to see someone doing that in a porsche Boxster.

I used to do 1600 miles in a day on my sclass when going back home ,I'd like to see someone doing that in a porsche Boxster.

You could, but why would you? People don't buy Boxsters for intercontinental cruising and doing big daily miles. They buy something else as well :D Obviously an S class is great for that use but not so good for hooning up, down and round mountain passes. I say just choose the right car for the job :D

You could, but why would you? People don't buy Boxsters for intercontinental cruising and doing big daily miles. They buy something else as well :D Obviously an S class is great for that use but not so good for hooning up, down and round mountain passes. I say just choose the right car for the job :D

Never stopped me!;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom