C63 vs R8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If I were you I'd get the r8. Ignore the better exotica out there, exotica just means shoddy build and stupid stupid pricing and constant changing of fragile parts. The R8 is superb

If I were you I'd get the r8. Ignore the better exotica out there, exotica just means shoddy build and stupid stupid pricing and constant changing of fragile parts. The R8 is superb

I knew you'd come through for me Steve.... hope you are ok mate?

This is exactly my thoughts on it Steve and was the reason that Nigel bought his. It is an awesome thing and surprised the hell out of me on how subtle it is at normal driving speeds, plus you didnt feel like you were in a supercar until you looked in the side mirrors and could see the big arches sticking out on either side. Then stuck your foot down and that noise.... OMG!

Anyway I'm going to try and get up to one of your meets this year mate and maybe see if some of the AMG boys are up for it. I think the tempatation of some of those beautiful roads up there.

Speak soon.:thumb:

Benjy said:
I knew you'd come through for me Steve.... hope you are ok mate?

This is exactly my thoughts on it Steve and was the reason that Nigel bought his. It is an awesome thing and surprised the hell out of me on how subtle it is at normal driving speeds, plus you didnt feel like you were in a supercar until you looked in the side mirrors and could see the big arches sticking out on either side. Then stuck your foot down and that noise.... OMG!

Anyway I'm going to try and get up to one of your meets this year mate and maybe see if some of the AMG boys are up for it. I think the tempatation of some of those beautiful roads up there.

Speak soon.:thumb:

Glad to hear it, our roads are made for cars like yours. Have a look at my thread. I'll be on tour on march, just to wet folks appetites.

I love the R8, I've sampled the V10 in an S6. You'll love that engine and the cars a cracker. To be honest C63 is not much more practical as legroom is v.tight in the back.

I'm the opposite, I think the R8 is an expensive TT with a nice engine, but if i wanted a quality V10 i'd go for the BMW derivative. Just seems to me that it is the product of the permutation of Audi/VW/Lambo parts bin.

You only live once though... if its what you want, go for it!

I'm the opposite, I think the R8 is an expensive TT with a nice engine, but if i wanted a quality V10 i'd go for the BMW derivative. Just seems to me that it is the product of the permutation of Audi/VW/Lambo parts bin.

:doh:

Thanks Adam....

I think thats what makes car enthusiasts so great, we all have our own opinions and thats fine. Honestly if you get a chance to have a drive of one do so and then see if you feel the same, I guarantee you your opinion would change .... for me I owned a 3.2 DSG TT and have to say it didnt feel anything like a Lamboghini derived V10 placed in a small body of the R8.... It really is a great every day to use supercar... Its the only way to describe it. Saying that it would have to be damn good for it to be better than my beloved 63.

If only we were all rich enough, choices would be very easy then....C63 for the family runa round and the R8 for a bit of fun on my own! :D

I'm with Adam on this - having driven both varients I find them strangely soul-less albeit very competent.

For me, cars are either tools or need to have some emotional attachment. I'd rather have something that was a bit of a PITA with soul than a ruthless efficient machine that left me cold.

Each to their own though - if you want it go for it.

If you are going to get one, get the R8 V10 - it's a masterpiece, in that it is the most practical supercar you can own, and a big step up from the V8 in terms of delivering the full potential of the platform. Plus it sounds so much better...

The downside is that you get all the "supercar" issues when driving around town. Whereas the C63 is reasonably anonymous, the R8 will always attract attention. You'll find that the only non-disabled parking spaces that are "big enough" for the R8 have a big painted line running through the middle and are normally used for parking 2 smaller cars in one space :D

If you are going to get one, get the R8 V10 - it's a masterpiece, in that it is the most practical supercar you can own, and a big step up from the V8 in terms of delivering the full potential of the platform. Plus it sounds so much better...

The downside is that you get all the "supercar" issues when driving around town. Whereas the C63 is reasonably anonymous, the R8 will always attract attention. You'll find that the only non-disabled parking spaces that are "big enough" for the R8 have a big painted line running through the middle and are normally used for parking 2 smaller cars in one space :D

Ha ha ha....I hear ya Fuji.... and yes I agree with you on the sound front, a few of my pals have got the V8s and they sound fantastic but I would want a V10 as like most little boys I have a thing for Lambo's and my mates really does sound the same.

Cheers:thumb:

Ho hum...........:D

[YOUTUBE]fkLATjo6Oyo[/YOUTUBE]

To be fair, John, there are all sorts of problems with that film clip, interesting though it undoubtedly is.

It's the 'wussy' R8 V8 - not the V10 the OP is interested in. The timings shown at the end bear no resemblance to the separation between the cars witnessed in the run. And why only burn out the M-B? No great surprise that it shot off the line in comparison with the R8.

In summary - not really a fair fight - IMO of course.

To be fair, John, there are all sorts of problems with that film clip, interesting though it undoubtedly is.

It's the 'wussy' R8 V8 - not the V10 the OP is interested in. The timings shown at the end bear no resemblance to the separation between the cars witnessed in the run. And why only burn out the M-B? No great surprise that it shot off the line in comparison with the R8.

In summary - not really a fair fight - IMO of course.

One can only work with the tools one is given - it wasn't a swipe at the R8 per se, just a bit of fun :thumb:.

It was certainly interesting!

Remember that E55 S211 in that Santa Pod video posted in Events a few months ago? That really set off like a scalded cat - v. impressive.

Also interesting about what people on this thread have said about the R8 being a bit too clinical. It is a bit reminiscent of the Honda NSX. Proper supercar in the performance stakes, but too cold and efficient as a daily driver to really count.

Proper supercars are supposed to have hissy fits and bouts of histrionics. Think of racehorses and supermodels. There's no show if you don't get thrown, no tantrums, etc etc... It's all part of the ride; the experience. Apparently.

Maybe the R8 is a bit like that? I don't know though - never been in one!

I would like to think showing even the V8 R8 and the E63 a bend (track) it would be someone different?

just a thought and NO idea how much they are but I saw an Aston Rapide today, are they getting down to R8 V10 money...

That way you have an everyday car for the Kids also :)

Interesting... Man that SLS is fast in a straight line. Great engines those 6.2 AMG's

1080p: Mercedes SLS AMG vs Audi R8 V10 E-gear - YouTube

Benjy - If the R8 is what you have your heart set on then do it, you only live once.

If I had that kind of money it'd be a 911 Turbo for me :)

Thanks Schuey, yes you are right you only live once.... I have to say the GT3 RS looks quite appealing also... I think when the time is right I'll take a look at a few cars and see whats out there but still love the R8 very much. It really did surprise me on just how good it really is.

I was just about to comment a nissan GTR would be my choice. 50-60k I think?

Way cooler than the Audi IMO.

GT-R a great car and hell of a lot of car for the money, but I wouldn't say it's cooler than a R8 v10.

You can get a GT-R for C63 money, that is excellent value for money.

Can't get a chest of drawers in the back though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom