c63 w204 brake pads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonyg1987

Car
CLS63AMG, C63AMG Gone but not forgotten
Hi guys,

needing my brake pads changed, what would you recommend? manage to source oem front and rear for £350 inc sensors, £200 front and £150 rears, my local indi is charging me £100 for labour.

has anyone else tried TRW? or would OEM be the best bet? i dont do track days.

I found a thread on here that said the dealer in Newcastle offered discounted parts so maybe worth getting the parts from them and then get your local indy to fit.
Have you got a quote from your local dealership?

Here is a eBay line for the Newcastle shop. Ask them to quote you on a set of rears as they are very competitive

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111996260706

They are very easy to fit as they are a standard Brembo set up. I found them the easiest brake pads I've every replaced on any car I've owned.

Here is a eBay line for the Newcastle shop. Ask them to quote you on a set of rears as they are very competitive

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111996260706

They are very easy to fit as they are a standard Brembo set up. I found them the easiest brake pads I've every replaced on any car I've owned.

I knew someone would be along with the right info :thumb:

You can always look for a tutorial online in changing the brake pads and give it a go to save a few extra £££

I have some forsale for an e63 there the same I believe

Mine will be due for a set soon. Mine is an early PP. not sure what to go for. What's the main reason everyone sticks with oem?

MB Grangemouth offer really good prices- I had my full set F/R for £330.
Your indy labour price is reasonable at £100, the rears (if anything like the E63) are a PITA, I'd have paid £100 happily to avoid that grief!

If no one has mentioned it already these are not the correct pads for any cars with P30/P31 (performance pack)

Having searched various sites for brake pad options, the majority of opinions are to stick with OEM. With this in mind, I called my local Merc dealer who was very competitive.
From memory (don't have my post it scribble to hand) I was quoted £174 front set and £124 rear set. Prices inc. the dreaded VAT. List price was over £400 (£248 front & £168 rears - I think)
(Marshall Mercedes-Benz of South Lakes 01229 324177)
Maybe worth a call. Hope this helps

If no one has mentioned it already these are not the correct pads for any cars with P30/P31 (performance pack)

I thought it was only the discs that was different on performance pack. So what's the difference in pads?

Just to add my experience to this thread, just yesterday quite by chance I managed to pick up a pair of front discs for my non pp C63 from the Main dealer in Cardiff for £112 the pair. Aparently that's a Mercedes set price but according to the parts guy it could be a mistake so snap them up while you can.

I thought it was only the discs that was different on performance pack. So what's the difference in pads?

There is a different part number for PP and non PP front pads. I read somewhere - maybe even here? - that the PP pads are thicker but otherwise the same shape etc and will fit the non PP and vice versa. Hopefully someone can chime in to confirm/refute this claim

There is a different part number for PP and non PP front pads. I read somewhere - maybe even here? - that the PP pads are thicker but otherwise the same shape etc and will fit the non PP and vice versa. Hopefully someone can chime in to confirm/refute this claim

I knew the discs was different on mine obviously. But I never knew they ran different pads as well. Lucky! I very nearly ordered some the other day.

I did ask this question yesterday but all of a sudden the forum changed to a new look and my post had disappeared.

Can anyone shed any light on if the early PP C63 runs different front pads than the non PP? I know the discs are unique on the early PP even to the discs on a later PPP but always assumed as all the discs was the same diameter they're would use the same pads.

Sorry, for the delay in the reply.

If you have a look at this: https://www.genuinemercedesparts.co...zLWFtZyZ5PTIwMTImdD1iYXNlJmU9Ni0zbC12OC1nYXM=

This is the c63 amg front pads for the non pp car. I have chosen the year as 2012 so facelift car. On the otherhand this is the c63 amg with P30:
https://www.genuinemercedesparts.co...zLWFtZyZ5PTIwMTImdD1iYXNlJmU9Ni0zbC12OC1nYXM=

You will notice in the description that it explicitly says for which car the brake pads are for and the part numbers are different.

Thanks. I really didn't know the pp ran different pads. Thanks again for clearing this up.

Thanks. I really didn't know the pp ran different pads. Thanks again for clearing this up.
your welcome mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom