C63 W204 Service Quotes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skd884

MB Enthusiast
Car
c180 w204
B service plus brake fluid and spark plugs -

A London group MB dealer £959.87

1597487620303.png

MB Guildford £709.26

1597487714594.png

A four year service plan with the 20% discount £1766.40 which equates to £441.60 per service regardless of the number of services ( 2/3 or 4 )

1597487866252.png

So the Service Care Plan looks like the better value overall.

Have you considered going the indy route for servicing ?
How much would a London based Indy charge for a B-service plus spark plugs and a brake fluid change do you think? :)

How much would a London based Indy charge for a B-service plus spark plugs and a brake fluid change do you think? :)

I can't imagine it will be less than £441.60... but then the Indie will be much cheaper on the next service, which is probably an A Service with no additional items.

Yes, but as always I guess it depends on the service after that - another B-service plus brake fluid again and whatever additional items may need doing during that time of course - then the roadside assistance cover consideration etc... :)

Fortunately I don’t know or will ever find out :) . I was just giving the op another option in case he hadn’t considered it , especially as we don’t know the car age or mileage ?

If he is quoting Guildford which isn’t London , he might consider Ian at Star Services, Caversham,Reading

The OP is nowhere near Reading though.

But still, how much do you think an indi would charge for a B-service, spark plugs (on a V8) and a brake fluid change? :)

I’m sure we have been down this road before, and you recommended the same place in Reading also! Must be good as surely quite a drive from Essex for a routine service :)

The OP is nowhere near Reading though.

But still, how much do you think an indi would charge for a B-service, spark plugs (on a V8) and a brake fluid change? :)

I’m sure we have been down this road before, and you recommended the same place in Reading also! Must be good as surely quite a drive from Essex for a routine service :)
I only recommend Ian at Reading because of over 4.5 years as an active member on another MB forum, he is a regular contributor and helper .
Don’t know where the OP lives his details don’t show it , I guessed because he mentioned Guildford he was that neck of the woods .
If the op isn’t interested in my input at all he can ignore it .
I still don’t know what an Indy would charge for a V8 service

Even though I live in Essex I regularly recommend Indys around the country , such as PCS , MBS , Alex Crow , Avantgarde Mercedes .

I recommend anywhere that gives good service, and quite rightly I’ve heard good things about many of those places and used some of them myself (such as PCS :cool:)

But if the OP is looking at main dealer quotes I suspect he wants main dealer servicing? Hence the comparison quotes of two main dealers and likewise the service care plan pricing.

Of course, if I’ve misunderstood and he actually wanted to use an Indy then I apologise, but I suspect that isn’t the case :)

As I've mentioned previously, I have the same B service coming up with brake fluid and spark plugs (plus air filters), then a standard A service followed by a big B (auto transmission fluid, brake and fuel filter etc) pricing up the service care plan against a good indy gave me a saving of around £100 using the indy at today's prices, considering that the service care plan also gives me free mobilo cover too it was a no brainer to go the service care route, even more so if you can take advantage of the extra 20% off available at the moment.

I can't imagine it will be less than £441.60... but then the Indie will be much cheaper on the next service, which is probably an A Service with no additional items.

Next service is an A with rear diff oil and air filters, will pay for two services with the 20% discount @ £882.

Next service is an A with rear diff oil and air filters, will pay for two services with the 20% discount @ £882.
Shed has the above service tomorrow, the following prices are just for the A service + air filters at Dartford and Lakeside -

Dartford

1635275743528.png

Lakeside

1635275826536.png

Use Lakeside not Dartford unless you enjoy being robbed.

I payed £386 for the exact same service in August before i sold it, MB LINCOLN

Shed has the above service tomorrow, the following prices are just for the A service + air filters at Dartford and Lakeside -

Dartford

View attachment 120135

Lakeside

View attachment 120136

Use Lakeside not Dartford unless you enjoy being robbed.

All done, Fyi the rear diff oil did not show as due on the service quote but i knew it was and it showed as due on the ess, informed Lakeside and they added it to the service sheet.

Bit of a long wait but all done with no fuss/drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom