C63 W204 - Tuning Options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SattyCoonerC63

Car
C63 AMG W204
Hi Guys,

I know there are loads for threads on this, but hoping to get some of the latest input on this. I have a Bone stock C63 w204 - 12 plate coupe. Looking to make it louder, more stable, faster (in that order of priority)

I want:

- ECU Remap
- Sec Cat delete
- LSD
- Spacers

From the Birmingham area - I know MSL are the default it seems, any other companies doing offers or something different to put on the table.

Just go to MSL they are very experienced and know what they are doing. ( Get it done right the first time !!)

I made the mistake of going to Prestige Performance London Limited , as I didn't have the time to go all the way up to Birmingham.

Anyways poor service , shit map and a secondary decat that was rattling all over the place.

Took the plunge drove it up to MSL sorted it all out for me...

As above, take it to Imran and Acid at MSL Performance Birmingham (Armoury Road)
Imran can remove your secondary cats and resonator for more volume and Acid can remap the car and give you before and after dyno figs to prove the increase.
All done in a huge friendly workshop by people who know about tuning AMG's.

You can get all the things in your list done at MSL.
Call Acid directly and he will make you a deal in a package.

Secondary Decat, LSD fitting and Remap all in one day.

Will be a very very long day.... early morning till maybe 7-8pm....
You most probably get chicken and chips lunch for free.... then agree for extra Headers to be fitted... lol.... and then who knows... agree on a supercharger deal....

With regards to spacers, I would not recommend spacers on the W204 C63.

Thanks guys, i have been MSL a few times with other cars. Have already booked it in for Tune, decat and LSD - Will give Acid a call regards a deal!

I agree ^^^ common as muck C63's could do with a bit of help getting on the 'rare' list by most of them being 'tuned' and 'customised' ...who knows , if this carries on in a 100 years time they could be as rare as S203 C55's :p.

Won't stop me buying one though (C63)...that's the wife's job. She (at the moment) will not allow 2 V8's on the drive....but give it time.

Pray for me. ;)

General question on performance mods?

What’s the reaction from insurers when you declare a decat, remap , LSD etc? I’m old enough to get free prescriptions and only a few insurers would quote anything sensible on a bog standard W204 C63, so not sure what they would say about modifications ?

I declared my recent remap to Admiral at renewal and it made minimal difference. Cost about £60 more than last year but that also includes an accident where someone fell asleep at the wheel and plowed into me. So I was happy with that increase, not worth the risk of not declaring.

General question on performance mods?

What’s the reaction from insurers when you declare a decat, remap , LSD etc? I’m old enough to get free prescriptions and only a few insurers would quote anything sensible on a bog standard W204 C63, so not sure what they would say about modifications ?

I declared my recent remap to Admiral at renewal and it made minimal difference. Cost about £60 more than last year but that also includes an accident where someone fell asleep at the wheel and plowed into me. So I was happy with that increase, not worth the risk of not declaring.

Thanks. I know some companies won’t entertain any mods without a massive additional premium.

I guess MSL with the addition of eurocharged / Torqueflow really works well.

Im tempted for the decat/v7 map but holding off at the moment as i havent gotten bored yet.

You can get all the things in your list done at MSL.
Call Acid directly and he will make you a deal in a package.

Secondary Decat, LSD fitting and Remap all in one day.

Will be a very very long day.... early morning till maybe 7-8pm....
You most probably get chicken and chips lunch for free.... then agree for extra Headers to be fitted... lol.... and then who knows... agree on a supercharger deal....

With regards to spacers, I would not recommend spacers on the W204 C63.

Just read the last bit of this comment. Whats your take on wheel spacers? i just feel the car looks a little thin at times, maybe just get wider tyres?

I guess MSL with the addition of eurocharged / Torqueflow really works well.

Im tempted for the decat/v7 map but holding off at the moment as i havent gotten bored yet.

Will let you know how i get on. I'm not bored either tbh mate, it'll just take the car to where it belongs.

Just read the last bit of this comment. Whats your take on wheel spacers? i just feel the car looks a little thin at times, maybe just get wider tyres?

A few guys on facebook group has done 10mm all round.

Personally, I wouldn't. Just get wider tyres for the rears as you can go up to 275/30 on the rears with OEM 19s.
Fronts, no point changing up as it doesn't help, with risk of aquaplaning.

Yep, don't do spacers. The wheels are already pushed out quite far and easy to curb.

LSD first, map 2nd and then the decat. All three for the hat trick and quite a transformation :)

Spacers are fine on a c63, you can get them from CMwheels with the correct bolts

12mm on the rear and 10mm on the front looks divine if you have OEM alloys

If you have replica wheels (CM also sell reps) then the rears are wider than OEM, so no need for spacers on the rear

Although it’s worth saying you may get some spray back from the tyres on the rear with 12mm or wider

Ignore comments about keeping it stock, before the car even left the factory it was de-tuned and limited to 155mph... which is exactly what a remap does, it brings it back to how it was in the first place. So essentially, you’re putting it ‘back to stock’

Regards to an LSD... massive improvement. It’s hardly what I’d call a modification, more of an upgrade, something that should have been added as standard to such a machine. There’s the Quaife example or you could install a Wavetrac one, I believe Regal in Southampton do the Wavetrac

I went to MSL and got the lsd fitted, then replacement filters and a remap. It made 515 at the fly. Not bad from 450 stock(they claim 457 but mine was running 450 for whatever reason).
Its a fair jump and snappier response but still i want more low down grunt. Im going to get the stage 2 supercharger kit next and take it up to 650 ish. Its a keeper car i think, one that i'll never sell

Id like to do vmax but feel £395 is a bit of a rip off. Anyone else done the vmax events?

I went to MSL and got the lsd fitted, then replacement filters and a remap. It made 515 at the fly. Not bad from 450 stock(they claim 457 but mine was running 450 for whatever reason).
Its a fair jump and snappier response but still i want more low down grunt. Im going to get the stage 2 supercharger kit next and take it up to 650 ish. Its a keeper car i think, one that i'll never sell

Id like to do vmax but feel £395 is a bit of a rip off. Anyone else done the vmax events?

No, I could be drinking some Weissbier for that! Add the cost for stone chip damage and the short runway, I think I'll pass :)

Lsd was the best thing I did... Followed by the secondary cat delete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom