C63 W204 - Values

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ive got continental sport contact 5 on mine im sure they come with those from new (correct me if im wrong) very pleased with them 😀

The Yokohama Advan that was one of the OE fitments are poor in wet/slippery conditions and not exactly amazing in the dry either. Continentals are alright but wear quickly.

For the tyre sizes you need the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S is the best and it wears very well, don't expect miracles in winter though. I run a second set of wheels with winter tyres in the colder months.

If you're happy with the tier down of tyres then the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 is usefully cheaper than the PS4S and is great in the wet. Unfortunately, the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport isn't available in a size to suit the rear.

Finally, it's worth going up to a 265/30/19 on the rear as it fits fine on the standard 9J wheels but improves traction. You can also go up a size on the front to 245/35/19 but that's less of an issue and more personal preference.

Enjoy, they're a lot of fun with plenty of character to keep you entertained at lower speeds.

Ive got continental sport contact 5 on mine im sure they come with those from new (correct me if im wrong) very pleased with them 😀
Sorry mine are contact sport 6 🤫

Congrats. Looks lovely 👌 as for tyres, every man & his dog has an opinion, very much up to you. Your money, your car, your call :)

Last edited:
The Yokohama Advan that was one of the OE fitments are poor in wet/slippery conditions and not exactly amazing in the dry either. Continentals are alright but wear quickly.

For the tyre sizes you need the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S is the best and it wears very well, don't expect miracles in winter though. I run a second set of wheels with winter tyres in the colder months.

If you're happy with the tier down of tyres then the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 is usefully cheaper than the PS4S and is great in the wet. Unfortunately, the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport isn't available in a size to suit the rear.

Finally, it's worth going up to a 265/30/19 on the rear as it fits fine on the standard 9J wheels but improves traction. You can also go up a size on the front to 245/35/19 but that's less of an issue and more personal preference.

Enjoy, they're a lot of fun with plenty of character to keep you entertained at lower speeds.
I'm running Goodyear Eagle F1's on my rears. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on the fronts.

Rears are 255/35 R18.

2011 C63 saloon.

Thanks for this and other comments. Looked this morning and it is on Continentals not sure which particular series, it was wet and cold when I left.

I have Michelin on my 993 and like these.

50736033838_70265c6b81_b.jpg

Looking froward to taking plenty of pictures and sharing these, as long as this is encouraged :) I know everyone has the same car but I enjoy sharing pictures. No doubt asking lots of question on the car as well.

On the suggestion of the next size up for the tyre section, I did run a size up the my 993 rears, provided a bit more rim protection for the wheels. Given my wife will be driving this for fun at times, that is not a bad shout.

Certainly wont be going down the route suggested by Mr Harris.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks

Like the look of the 993, which version have you got? Everyone loves pictures. :thumb:

A 265 and 245 sits much 'squarer' on the rims so does provide a bit more protection. This is a 245 on the front 8J rim, it's not quite as pronounced as that with a 265 on the 9J.

130255029_736938257224263_7941089510728503293_o.jpg

Thanks for this. Looks a good option for me.

On the 993, I have a 993 RS touring spec. Although I have the clubsport front and rear spoilers on it after this years run into Scottish Borders. I change them about at times.

49684233632_ee14cc2732_b.jpg

49955826696_6494b208a5_b.jpg

Hi tp81 i see you post often on the 911uk forum. Welcome to the M156 club!

Stunning 911!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the first stage in the process has started, dropped off the car this morning to my friendly detailer, he is a mate now after working on so many different cars. It will be with him until its finished, the paint looks reasonable other than the normal level of swirl marks and some stone chips. I will be going over on Saturday morning with my son to tackle the interior, aim is to strip every thing back to a nice factory mat finish. Someone has let off a silicone bomb in the car and coated every surface :( . Looking to strip and treat the leather, if you step in at the moment and sit down you could easily slip into the foot well. Why do people use this stuff?

Will also be putting some winter tyres onto the car, then go for the Michelin as recommended.

Sunroof rails need cleaned of the tacky grease, its exceptional slow at the moment.

I hadn't really noticed but my detailer thinks its been lowered slightly, not sure myself. He has a hydraulic ramp so when its up for cleaning underneath I will get a look.

Cleaned the exhaust tips last night just to check the condition of them, these are close to the rear valance. Looks good but a pain to get in about them.

I can't stand greasy products on the interior either.

Hard to tell from the photos but the front does look a little low. Also looks like it might have spacers on as the standard wheels sit a bit further in. If it does, I'd recommend taking them off as it adversely affects the steering feel and turn in.

I can't stand greasy products on the interior either.

Hard to tell from the photos but the front does look a little low. Also looks like it might have spacers on as the standard wheels sit a bit further in. If it does, I'd recommend taking them off as it adversely affects the steering feel and turn in.
Steve, stopped over to see the car today. It does have spacers all round. 10mm on one front and none on the other. 10mm on both rears.

Leave back on and take front off ?

Agree with above get rid of spacers, why on earth did it only have a spacer on 1 front wheel?🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom