C63 (W204) wheel centres and locking wheel bolts between 18" and 19" wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R77C

Car
C63
Hi all,

Tried to search but I can't really find anything conclusive...

If I replace the 18" wheels with the 19" ones (the usual 18" 5 spoke wheels to the multi-spoke 19"s), are the centre caps and locking bolts interchangeable or will I have to get new ones? Many thanks!

The bolts will depend if both sets have the same ‘seat’ - some designs have a ball cup, some have a conical seat.
ONLY use the correct type, incorrect type can induce stress cracks.o_O

Then it will depend on how “thick” the wheel is, if you take off one of your wheels, and push a bolt through, you’ll see how much bolt protrudes - usually around 20mm-30mm.

Push a bolt through the new wheel and see if it is similar, if it’s lots shorter, buy new bolts as it won’t be secure.

If they poke through much further, new bolts, as they may damage your hub.

PS check what car the replacement wheels are off, some models are M12, some M14 - you can get “special” bolts if it’s an M14 hole requiring M12 bolt. :eek:

@Flyinspanner thank you for such a prompt response, that's very helpful!

New bolts aren't the end of the world if needed I suppose. Do you know about the centre caps too? Cheers!

Most are same size, 75mm iirc, but new sets are only £10 on eBay

Most are same size, 78mm iirc, but new sets are only £10 on eBay
Oh thought they'd be a lot more than that which is why I didn't even bother to look! Ok perfect, thanks for the help :D

Updated size, 75mm

If you replace OEM 18" Mercedes C63 alloys with OEM 19" C63 alloys, the centre caps and wheel bolts will be interchangeable.

It's when you change to aftermarket rims that don't have Mercedes fitment and have different offsets (ETs) that problems can arise.

That's exactly what I want to do (OEM to OEM), sorry if I wasn't clear.

I have different offsets to OEM alloys, wheel bolts and caps were a straight swap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom