C63 W205 battery charger/tender

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alc63amg

Car
C63 W205
Hi as my C63 wagon is not getting used at all, can anybody recommend a battery charger/tender to keep the battery tip top ?

I use a CTEK MXS 5.0 for the Mazda when it's tucked up in the garage for a spell. I noticed that the local MB dealer has them for the showroom cars too...

MXS 5.0

Thanks for the replies, does anybody have a C63 w205 on here :)

+1 for a Ctek MXS 5.0. My E63 is connected to it right now as its had no use for almost a week. I don't like batteries going flat.

A battery conditioner is not bothered what type/age of car it's connected to! There are many threads about battery conditioners/recommendations, a precis of which is :

1. If money is no object, CTEK. Many "car manufacturer" branded conditioners (e.g. MB and Porsche) are rebranded CTEK's.
2. The unit shown by Gazwould is loads cheaper and has excellent reviews on here and t'other side (MBOA forum).
3. Cheaper still at about £15 are the Lidl/Aldi ones, where reviews split 50/50 between "lasted 2-3 years then cratered" and "had one in use for ages, not had any problem with it". I bought a Lidl one recently as back-up to my roughly 20 year old Swiss one and am using it on the SLK - which I'm contemplating SORN as I'm on 12 week lockdown. Seems OK so far. One minor problem with the Lidl/Aldi ones is that they do not reset automatically after a power cut - which may or may not be a consideration for the OP.

Not wanting to thread-jack, but I could do with some advice.

My 66 plate C63 is giving me the low battery warnings. Car still starts ok but had been left for about a week. I had it on charge for around 6 hours yesterday using a Noco Genius G1100 on the AGM mode (1.1A that I bought primarily for my bikes). The battery indicator on the charger went from below 25% to between 25-50% after 6 hours. Then after I turned the ignition on for a couple of minutes (without starting the engine) the battery was back below 25% again.

By way of background, it’s another case of the stop/start never working regardless of the type of driving I do (mostly faster A roads and motorway).

So, does the battery sound like it’s on the way out ?
How long should it take to fully charge ?
I've also got an old basic 4A charger (with minimal safety features). Would I be better off using that?

If so then is it something that’s covered under the 2 year AMG warranty which I still have?

If not covered under warranty and I can’t come to some agreement with my local dealer then can I just get one from Tanya batteries and fit it myself ? (or will the car’s software need to be told it’s got a new battery ?)

Lots of questions so thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
Sorry for the dumb question but where do I connect the tender to keep battery tip top. C63s 2018 cheers

I expect you connect the charger under the bonnet, to the points provided. It’ll be in the manual.

Sorry for the dumb question but where do I connect the tender to keep battery tip top. C63s 2018 cheers
I'm not sure if you have already solved this but if not this may help.
In the top right hand side of the engine bay (maybe top left on yours), you will have a red sliding cover with a + sign on it. Open this and attach the positive terminal of your tender to the tab inside. Attach your negative terminal to a bolt/thread/nut in that area for an earth.

Is there a maintenance port for the Aux Battery as well on modern Mercs?

I was wondering the same question for the auxiliary battery......... Does this have a charging port or some way of charging it without removing all the drivers side carpets and plastics.

I keep getting alerts on my "Mercedes Me" telling me my battery charge is critical, and wanted to check if this is referring to the main battery or the auxiliary battery....... or does the auxiliary batter get charged by the main battery ????

CTEK 5.0 attached to 2019 C63s Coupe. Set mode to AGM and leave it to charge, took over 24 hours for all the lights to go green.

View attachment 94105
Have you tried connecting through the battery pack in the boot with the ring connectors hardwired?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom