C63 W205 Buyers guide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eaglecoth

Car
None
I have just started looking at buying myself a C63 W205.

For the W204 model there seems to be more than enough material to read up on, but the W205 seems a little less well documented online.

I am predominantly looking for technical information, what extras are available, whats worth paying for and so on, known issues etc. in order to better price potential objects. (The usual pre buying read up)

Please don't hesitate to share any material of value.

Cheers,

I'd start with the intensive study of the e-brochure, work out the basic preferred model and must have extras. Go through the classifieds, compare specs (common options may be must haves for example).

Then look for or ask specific details on others of interest, and above all test drive more than one example.

Car choice is so personal, but comes down to budget and requirements really doesn't it?

Mercedes-AMG C 63 Saloon - Download an ebrochure or request a Test Drive

Apart from magazine road tests you might struggle, as it's a relatively new car, with a relatively uncommon drivetrain and specification, it will be difficult to find any meaningful information on common issues. Must have options will beersonal preference too.

However beings current model will mean that all you have to do to understand specifications and options is to read the brochure or use the online configurator.

Nice problem to have :)

The premium pack would be a must have for me.

Are you looking at new or used?

Premium pack, performance exhaust, 360 degree camera, LED Intelligent Light System, pano roof, distronic and Burmester would be the must haves for me now.

Premium pack, performance exhaust, 360 degree camera, LED Intelligent Light System, pano roof, distronic and Burmester would be the must haves for me now.

All these are part of the premium pack in the U.K. Apart from 360 cam
, performances exhaust is standard on all c63 versions.

I would add heads up display and night pack. I'm not a big fan on the carbon inside or the mirror black finish that comes as standard. Black ash trim is the one , but obviously subjective.

All these are part of the premium pack in the U.K. Apart from 360 cam
, performances exhaust is standard on all c63 versions.

I would add heads up display and night pack. I'm not a big fan on the carbon inside or the mirror black finish that comes as standard. Black ash trim is the one , but obviously subjective.

Driving assistance pack

Are you sure the performance exhaust is standard it shows as a £1k option for both c63 models.

All uk c43 and c63 cars come with performance exhausts as standard. Just bought one and also just checked brochure (can't work
Out how to post screen grabs though !)

bb6eba27e5e3b5d9150726af06f767a8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked -
AMG Performance exhaust system Control button in centre console Sound characteristics tailored to transmission mode Two additional exhaust flaps
That is listed as a £1k option for the 43 c63 c63s.

Last edited:
Must have's premium pack, performance exhaust, HUD, night pack.

I've had mine now for about 3 weeks. If you are buying new then should be no problem getting whatever spec you want on it. I was quite specific with what I wanted and bought a used one, and managed to get more than I bargained for with the one I got. Initially I just wanted one in diamond white with black rims, carbon fibre interior, carbon fibre exterior, pano roof, IWC clock on the centre console, regular comfort seats (not the sports seats), black on black interior and hands-free boot opening function and the Burmester sound system.

I think a lot of what I wanted was on the premium pack. The one I ended up getting also had the heads-up display and I'm so glad it has it. I wasn't bothered about it while I was looking but it's a must for me now.

Good luck in your search anyway, I was looking for about 6 months before getting mine. Had previously found one other one within budget that had all the options but I lost out to someone who paid full price for it while I was still negotiating. It was another 2 months before I found another with everything I wanted on it and luckily managed to make a deal.

Tigertecz said:
I've had mine now for about 3 weeks. If you are buying new then should be no problem getting whatever spec you want on it. I was quite specific with what I wanted and bought a used one, and managed to get more than I bargained for with the one I got. Initially I just wanted one in diamond white with black rims, carbon fibre interior, carbon fibre exterior, pano roof, IWC clock on the centre console, regular comfort seats (not the sports seats), black on black interior and hands-free boot opening function and the Burmester sound system. I think a lot of what I wanted was on the premium pack. The one I ended up getting also had the heads-up display and I'm so glad it has it. I wasn't bothered about it while I was looking but it's a must for me now. Good luck in your search anyway, I was looking for about 6 months before getting mine. Had previously found one other one within budget that had all the options but I lost out to someone who paid full price for it while I was still negotiating. It was another 2 months before I found another with everything I wanted on it and luckily managed to make a deal.

Do you have the exhaust control button on the centre consul ?

I've just ordered an S Coupe, here's the options I picked -
Obsidian Black
Black / red pepper interior
Gloss carbon interior
Premium pack
HUD
360 cameras
19" black front 20" rears
Carbon exterior pack 1
Carbon exterior pack 2
Night package
Lane change assistant
Roll on end of November

Went a saw JBD for my test drive on Saturday and ended up walking away having ordered a fully loaded C63S Coupe in Designo Selenite with black alloys. Here's the final product:

https://configurator.mercedes-benz.c...aimpcoveralluk

James was excellent throughout and the test drive was epic. That noise, that speed, I was sold before we even left the forecourt! Did me a solid deal too.

I did wonder how anyone drives the C63S and doesn't buy one. The car is incredible.

Now the long wait until March 1st....CANNOT WAIT!!! :thumb:

BWeaver80 said:
Went a saw JBD for my test drive on Saturday and ended up walking away having ordered a fully loaded C63S Coupe in Designo Selenite with black alloys. Here's the final product: https://configurator.mercedes-benz.c...aimpcoveralluk James was excellent throughout and the test drive was epic. That noise, that speed, I was sold before we even left the forecourt! Did me a solid deal too. I did wonder how anyone drives the C63S and doesn't buy one. The car is incredible. Now the long wait until March 1st....CANNOT WAIT!!! :thumb:

Car wow are quoting 15% off, did you better that ?

I am looking to buy a second hand 2015 or 2016. Ideally no more than 30000 miles on it. Either retailer or private sale as I plan to spend at least a few months to read up / test drive so I expect to be knowledgeable enough to identify a good vs bad private deal.

Regarding the exhaust -- Doesn't really matter, if it comes with standard I might mount a Akrapovic or similar.

Thanks for all the feedback, I'll most certainly read through the brochure and the options list to get an idea of what I might want. I will certainly go to test drive it. For those of you who own the car, please don't hesitate to share more feedback on your experiences with it.

I'm predominantly planning to use it for primarily weekend and vacation trips, but will also use it as a day-to-day family car even if I don't plan to drive to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom