C63 W205 First Thoughts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Liddo

Car
C63 W205
Afternoon All

Well, I've had my C63 a couple a days now, and generally I'm loving it, especially when I'm on my own in it, and it's in "Individual" mode :D

For me, the ride is a little TOO firm, I find myself dodging every minor imperfection in the road, even cats eyes on the motorway today.
The tyre noise is probably the loudest I've had in any car, and its running Michelin Spot 4's all round.
Obviously VERY thirsty, averaging 20mpg, but then I knew it wouldn't be great.
Being black, I can see myself constantly washing and polishing it 😁

A few minor negatives, but far out weighed by the positives

The noise
The noise
and
The noise

Soooo many admiring glances, it is the definition of a "head turner". Even the non car guy neighbor loves it!

image4.jpegimage3.jpegimage0 (6).jpeg

Very nice - the only difference your car and mine is the Night Pack v Chrome Pack. Glad you like it. I'd strongly recommend (on Obsidian Black) a treatment of Gtechniq Serum. You'll need to wash it 50% less than normal and the treatment will last for years and years. No swirls, no watermarks. Well worth it.

Very nice - the only difference your car and mine is the Night Pack v Chrome Pack. Glad you like it. I'd strongly recommend (on Obsidian Black) a treatment of Gtechniq Serum. You'll need to wash it 50% less than normal and the treatment will last for years and years. No swirls, no watermarks. Well worth it.

Cheers, will look into the serum stuff, but I bought Gyeon Q2 CanCoat Quartz Coating on a recommendation from a detailing guy. Stops bird crap stains etc etc

Good looking car.
Michelins are noisy but worth it.

What's amazing is that the newer car has next to no MPG benefit. My old F10 M5 would do 27mpg easily on a fast motorway cruise but these don't seem to get anywhere near it, I'm not sure what's going on if they can't do better than a proper 6.2 na unit! Great car but for me that would irk, why downsize if it's not more economical?

What's amazing is that the newer car has next to no MPG benefit. My old F10 M5 would do 27mpg easily on a fast motorway cruise but these don't seem to get anywhere near it, I'm not sure what's going on if they can't do better than a proper 6.2 na unit! Great car but for me that would irk, why downsize if it's not more economical?

I think if I did a steady 70 I’d easy get high 20’s mpg, 28-29, and if I took it easy around town, low 20s, but it’s impossible not to make that exhaust sing 🤦🏻‍♂️

either way, if you buy one of these, never expect decent economy 😉

I owned a 6.2 before this one and I've seen a big improvement in MPG. Averaged around 15mpg in the 6.2 over 2 years and 18months into this one I'm averaging around 21mpg - so about 30% better. Same driving style obviously.
Have you noticed no difference at all after owning both cars?

It will do better than that. You are probably still in the honeymoon period. I had to go to Dartford last week, and it's all average speed check up the m23. That helped me to achieve this. Probably the best I've seen, but I'm regularly around the 30mpg mark.

F928-DDFD-2-DE6-4-BC9-8517-81-B23-D5-EFEF4.jpg

It will do better than that. You are probably still in the honeymoon period. I had to go to Dartford last week, and it's all average speed check up the m23. That helped me to achieve this. Probably the best I've seen, but I'm regularly around the 30mpg mark.

F928-DDFD-2-DE6-4-BC9-8517-81-B23-D5-EFEF4.jpg
Blimey, that’s outstanding 👍🏻

Probably driving with a raw egg between his foot and the loud pedal...

🤣🤣🤣🤣 34.4mpg is amazing! Suppose it's just ticking over in 7th at 50mph!

I've now gone up to 24pmg after 100 miles or so of 70mph motorway and gentle B road driving...…………..and the Mrs and dogs in the car! 😁

🤣🤣🤣🤣 34.4mpg is amazing! Suppose it's just ticking over in 7th at 50mph!

I've now gone up to 24pmg after 100 miles or so of 70mph motorway and gentle B road driving...…………..and the Mrs and dogs in the car! 😁

Do the dogs enjoy race start?:oops::D

On the motorway in comfort, when you really get tuned in to it, gliding mode boosts the economy figures a hell of a lot. I do drive the car hard from time to time - it’s remapped to 583bhp - i just find the motorways down here in the south too risky on the license these days

Looks great in Black... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom