C63 W205 Ride Quality?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Liddo

Car
C63 W205
Afternoon all,

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before (I cant find any threads) but is the W205 ride quality "comfortable" in Comfort mode??

I've ordered my C63 and it should be delivered at the end of this week, but I've never drove one! It was an impulse buy.

I had a 17 plate Audi S5 Sportback on standard sport suspension, and thought that was ok, so I'd be happy with a firm ride, but I'd hate a crashy ride.

Would love to hear your thoughts on your C63's

Cheers

New or used?

what size wheels / tyre brand?

Comfortable is a relative term...we are all different

You aren't going to get an armchair S class type ride in your new C63 in whatever mode its in.
But comfort is quite acceptable and as a passenger I didn't find it uncomfortable at all.
You do have the luxury of some very nice seats too.

New or used?

what size wheels / tyre brand?

Comfortable is a relative term...we are all different

Sorry, its a 2016 plate, 22k miles, with the 19" 5 spoke wheels. (in my avatar)

I suppose I meant, can you feel every bump in the road, does it shake the car! Im ok with a firm ride as long as it absorbs the bumps.

Cheers

You aren't going to get an armchair S class type ride in your new C63 in whatever mode its in.
But comfort is quite acceptable and as a passenger I didn't find it uncomfortable at all.
You do have the luxury of some very nice seats too.

Cheers, just what I wanted to hear ;)

Dampers are three way selectable. In comfort mode the ride has an ever so slight bounciness to it. It's reasonably comfortable for a performance car. I tend to drive mine in individual mode where I have the engine in comfort, the exhaust on loud and the dampers on the middle setting. I have the 19" wheel on this one. I actually preferred the 18's I had on the last one. The 19's have you watching for potholes all the time, and the car is slightly more fidgety than the smaller wheels.

Dampers are three way selectable. In comfort mode the ride has an ever so slight bounciness to it. It's reasonably comfortable for a performance car. I tend to drive mine in individual mode where I have the engine in comfort, the exhaust on loud and the dampers on the middle setting. I have the 19" wheel on this one. I actually preferred the 18's I had on the last one. The 19's have you watching for potholes all the time, and the car is slightly more fidgety than the smaller wheels.

Music to my ears Jobsworth, thanks a lot. Mines got the exhaust button, so I'll be mostly leaving it in Comfort, and hitting that button on startup.........................AFTER I've left my drive ;)

I flick mine to stealth mode when I approach the end of my road on the way home. So far I’ve had nothing but complements about the car from the neighbours

Exactly what jobsworth said.

Afternoon all,

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before (I cant find any threads) but is the W205 ride quality "comfortable" in Comfort mode??

I've ordered my C63 and it should be delivered at the end of this week, but I've never drove one! It was an impulse buy.

I had a 17 plate Audi S5 Sportback on standard sport suspension, and thought that was ok, so I'd be happy with a firm ride, but I'd hate a crashy ride.

Would love to hear your thoughts on your C63's

Cheers
It won’t be comfortable but I don’t believe it will be less comfortable than an S5. Enjoy your new car 👍🏻

I flick mine to stealth mode when I approach the end of my road on the way home. So far I’ve had nothing but complements about the car from the neighbours
When we first had a car with M157 engine, our neighbours very cautiously asked if it was broken because of the noise on a cold start! They’re used to us having loud cars and are really cool about it, which is a blooming good job considering I used to go to work at 0300 several times each week.

They said it wasn’t just loud but sounded broken - in fact we only laughed about it earlier this evening. Naturally I fully explained the subtle differences between the M112K, M113K, M156, M157, and M178 in minute detail, includeing cold start characteristics.

He must have really enjoyed our conversation, because I did 😁

When we first had a car with M157 engine, our neighbours very cautiously asked if it was broken because of the noise on a cold start! They’re used to us having loud cars and are really cool about it, which is a blooming good job considering I used to go to work at 0300 several times each week.

They said it wasn’t just loud but sounded broken - in fact we only laughed about it earlier this evening. Naturally I fully explained the subtle differences between the M112K, M113K, M156, M157, and M178 in minute detail, includeing cold start characteristics.

He must have really enjoyed our conversation, because I did 😁
Are you sure you didn’t have the famous m157 start up chain/variator rattle? ;)

You don't get the full exhaust pops and bangs show with the Engine in Comfort - even if the exhaust is set to full chat. Just pointing this out. I have Comfort set as factory but Individual is everything in Sport+ apart from the suspension which I always have in Comfort on UK roads. Like someone else said when I'm pulling out of my drive or returning home it goes in C - otherwise always in I or it feels like a diluted experience (or a C43).

Cheers for that Iggu, I thought the exhaust button gave you the full experience! Will have a fiddle when I get it, and try the setting you've got set.

Cant wait ;)

I'm not sure if its present on the model year car you are getting, but the AMG cars of late have an 'Emotion Start' function. Pull and hold either of the paddles when pressing the start button an the flap will open and engine will start with Sport+ and over fuel to get the AMG crackle sound on start up. After a few second it settles back to the default setting.

I'm not sure if its present on the model year car you are getting, but the AMG cars of late have an 'Emotion Start' function. Pull and hold either of the paddles when pressing the start button an the flap will open and engine will start with Sport+ and over fuel to get the AMG crackle sound on start up. After a few second it settles back to the default setting.

Yeah, I've seen that on the "Remove Before Race" channel on Youtube, wasnt sure if it was on the latest cars, or my 16 plate. Will give it a go and see what happens................dont want to annoy the neighbors though! ;)

Found the answer

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Slightly different for the older models

If you were happy with the ride in the S5 I’m sure you’ll be content in the C63

Cheers SPX. I'll see what the tyres are like, and when they are ready for replacement, I'll look around for the comfiest ;)

Yeah, I've seen that on the "Remove Before Race" channel on Youtube, wasnt sure if it was on the latest cars, or my 16 plate. Will give it a go and see what happens................dont want to annoy the neighbors though! ;)

The emotion start isn't that loud and only probably added to the face lift models to make up for the car no longer storing the last dynamic setting when switching off. Sound wise the pre-face lift has the edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom