C63 W205 Ride Quality?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You don't get the full exhaust pops and bangs show with the Engine in Comfort - even if the exhaust is set to full chat. Just pointing this out. I have Comfort set as factory but Individual is everything in Sport+ apart from the suspension which I always have in Comfort on UK roads. Like someone else said when I'm pulling out of my drive or returning home it goes in C - otherwise always in I or it feels like a diluted experience (or a C43).
The loud exhaust in comfort mode is the one I like the most. The bangs and pops aren’t really for me all the time. I know the sort of comments people make to that kind of soundtrack ;)
Fair enough if I’m out of town and hooning, but urban environment it’s a bit “look at me”

The loud exhaust in comfort mode is the one I like the most. The bangs and pops aren’t really for me all the time. I know the sort of comments people make to that kind of soundtrack ;)
Fair enough if I’m out of town and hooning, but urban environment it’s a bit “look at me”

The good thing is, at least we can "play" with the different tunes! There aint many car's that you can do that with ;)

Agree. The flexibility is great. I was just pointing it out as I drove round for 2 weeks with the exhaust on LOUD but unknowingly I had the Engine on Sport (not Sport+) and I kept thinking "this sounds tame". When I flicked Engine to Sport+ the engine noise was VERY different....

With the 2015+ emotion start - you need to depress the accelerator after placing the car into race or sport + in order to open the valves (thats why is sounded like shite on the video above)

Afternoon all,

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before (I cant find any threads) but is the W205 ride quality "comfortable" in Comfort mode??

I've ordered my C63 and it should be delivered at the end of this week, but I've never drove one! It was an impulse buy.

I had a 17 plate Audi S5 Sportback on standard sport suspension, and thought that was ok, so I'd be happy with a firm ride, but I'd hate a crashy ride.

Would love to hear your thoughts on your C63's

Cheers

I'm a new owner like you, had my 2017 C63S for all of 6 days. In comfort mode the car is just fine on billiard table flat roads, on regular A's and B's and my street which is on the silly side of uneven, the car is pretty hard riding. Not even tried any of the other settings yet as not had occasion to do more than a couple of hundred miles (130 of which were the journey home).

I still have my previous Audi A6 Avant and drove it this morning, it feels like driving an extremely comfy armchair around compared to the Merc - but, I didn't buy it for comfort, I bought it for the drama so all good as far as i'm concerned :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom