C63 W205 Stardard Exhaust Replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IainHolmes33

Car
W205 C63 4.0bt
Hi all, after some advice/experience...

My W205 has the standard exhausted and I need to set it free. I have been looking at the options. I have read that the standard exhaust does have a valve which is open on cold start (which makes sense because it is a lot louder at start) then it closes automatically. First question: is that mechanical (heat), electrical or not true? When I had a quick look at the rear silencers I didn't notice any wires. If it is true has anyone had experience of overriding it (forcing it to stay open)?

Second question: the rear silencers are quite large and must do most of the silencing as there is no after cat mid section silencer. Has anyone seen replacement rear silencers that join to OEM mid section or had any experience of getting custom SS silencers made?

Most of the cat back systems are £1200 or more but these include active valves. Is it worth paying that extra to get the valves. I just can't imagine I would ever have them closed!!

Thoughts?
Thanks

I think I'd look for a custom system with a baffleless end box and free flow cat. You would need it remapping to get the benefit thu. I think most values are electric.

What did you end up doing. I’ve got a c63s coming next week and it doesn’t have performance exhaust.
Hi all, after some advice/experience...

My W205 has the standard exhausted and I need to set it free. I have been looking at the options. I have read that the standard exhaust does have a valve which is open on cold start (which makes sense because it is a lot louder at start) then it closes automatically. First question: is that mechanical (heat), electrical or not true? When I had a quick look at the rear silencers I didn't notice any wires. If it is true has anyone had experience of overriding it (forcing it to stay open)?

Second question: the rear silencers are quite large and must do most of the silencing as there is no after cat mid section silencer. Has anyone seen replacement rear silencers that join to OEM mid section or had any experience of getting custom SS silencers made?

Most of the cat back systems are £1200 or more but these include active valves. Is it worth paying that extra to get the valves. I just can't imagine I would ever have them closed!!

Thoughts?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom