C63 Wagon 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Gentle bump to see if we can get a response from one of the knowledgeable folks on here :thumb:

Can't offer any technical advice or ownership experience, but I like the colour combination :) Looks well equipped too. If I were to buying it, I would be getting an independent to give it a thorough inspection for peace of mind.

A little more expensive but definitely a much more rare colour combination which I think suits the wagon very well not too mention the exclusivity factor:

Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG ESTATE ** FULL MB HISTORY ** | eBay

It's rare for a reason...

The black PP car with a red interior looks good though and at a decent price. I wouldn't let the mileage worry me but budget for things like brake discs, lower control arms, suspension refresh etc over the next 25k miles.

I had a 2010 PPP Wagon, loved it. Never missed a beat in all the time I owned it. The boot space isn't the biggest ( My dogs are rather large) but it looked good, sounded great & went like stink when it needed to. Rear tyres it ate, but apart from fuel & servicing that's all it really cost me.

I run the same age C63 125 Ed estate but on 48k miles as a third car to keep mileage off it. It’s not missed a beat over the last 4.5 years. Longest by some stretch that I have ever owned a car.

However it chews through rear tyres ( every 5k) and Shell V Power like it’s going out of fashion. It’s not actually that big in the rear seats, boot is good size and it’s fine upfront for its age.

Check usual suspects discs n pads, cracks in alloys, suspension, creaky dash panels, driver seat bolster wear, all electrics work, lots of motors in the front seats. Engine mounts will probably be getting on at that mileage, if they are tired you will feel vibrations through car. Don’t worry if HK sound system lacks major bass, that’s just way it is in the estates. Also check air con works efficiently as it’s a bigger area to cool down than the coupe or saloon.

Be sure it really has PP+ option. Pop bonnet and the intake manifold will be darker grey than normal light grey. It looks real deal from the photos.

Also budget for getting secondary cats removed, LSD and Eurocharge to turn it into a proper bit of fun

Gotto love the German muscle estates cars. Dying breed....

I have a 2011 C63 PPP estate. Nothing other than consumables in 36,000 miles. I have a £46pcm service plan on mine so still using main dealer for servicing.

Those wheels are notorious for cracking. It's not if but when. I swapped my set of those for 2x sets of standard 18 inch wheels. One has summer tyres, the other winter tyres.

Check front discs for wear as they're expensive to replace.

Red leather isn't to my taste but great if you like it.

Last edited:
Thanks Yex

I've been busy this week so just checked in. Thanks for all the responses especially Mark83, robinc and GillyC63

I've seen that brown/gold car. Hate that colour. Good luck to the seller.

Taken from another of my posts...hope it helps...

C63 - I have a f/l estate (over 2 years). Fitted the Milltek pre cat replacement which now sounds like Thor with a chesty cough (not good at 6am if you have nice neighbours). Space inside isn't the best (limited rear legroom) but, overall it's a nice motor

Running costs:
Tyres - rears are approx 5000 miles
Fronts - 1 set to every 2 rears

Insurance:
Cheap. I have the 63 and a GTR for less than £600

Road rent:
who cares, it needs paying

Fuel:
Average 200 miles between fill ups on daily commuting (320 miles on a run). Unsure what that equats to (probably 15mpg?)
That's £82 per tank with V Power

Service Costs:
A good independant - £500 (average)
Main dealer - add £200

If you average out a 'mainstream' car then the above does seem more pricey than the norm...mainly with fuel. If it's an occassional car then I wouldn't be bothered.
Tick that box and see for yourself. If it's not for you, move it on and lose a bit of money. We're not here for a long time...but definitely for a good time.

Good luck...

and...I'm loving the 'Marmite' brown estate...dare to be different (but be stuck when sale time comes most likely)

Taken from another of my posts...hope it helps...

C63 - I have a f/l estate (over 2 years). Fitted the Milltek pre cat replacement which now sounds like Thor with a chesty cough (not good at 6am if you have nice neighbours). Space inside isn't the best (limited rear legroom) but, overall it's a nice motor

Running costs:
Tyres - rears are approx 5000 miles
Fronts - 1 set to every 2 rears

Insurance:

Road rent:
who cares, it needs paying

Fuel:
Average 200 miles between fill ups on daily commuting (320 miles on a run). Unsure what that equats to (probably 15mpg?)
That's £82 per tank with V Power

Service Costs:
A good independant - £500 (average)
Main dealer - add £200

If you average out a 'mainstream' car then the above does seem more pricey than the norm...mainly with fuel. If it's an occassional car then I wouldn't be bothered.
Tick that box and see for yourself. If it's not for you, move it on and lose a bit of money. We're not here for a long time...but definitely for a good time.

Good luck...

and...I'm loving the 'Marmite' brown estate...dare to be different (but be stuck when sale time comes most likely)

Great, informative post mate. Thanks for that.

That brown car is lovely, just not for me.

I'd buy it I think , i would not need to wash it often , if at all !

Mine doesn't seem to cost as much as grum71 , tyres seem to do twice as much, fuel average 23mpg (up to 28.5),and service costs mercedes service plan £46 per month serviced annually at 5500 miles approx.

Insurance:

Grum, who do you use for insurance ?

My 2011 (facelift) PPP estate will likely be for sale shortly if you're interested in a private sale.

Grey paintwork with black leather. 36k miles. FMBSH and big B1 service with spark plugs booked in this month. MOT until July 2020. Brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres all round. Spare set of OEM 18in wheels with Dunlop winter tyres. Discs and pads in good condition. Plenty of creature comforts inc. front and rear parking sensors and rear camera.

Reason for sale - imminent M2 Competition order.

I am also in on the lookout for an estate....I saw the dolomite brown one, I’ve seen a saloon before in real life and it is a stunning colour but like most say the issue is resale and regardless of how long you want to keep it that’s a consideration

My 2011 (facelift) PPP estate will likely be for sale shortly if you're interested in a private sale.

Grey paintwork with black leather. 36k miles. FMBSH and big B1 service with spark plugs booked in this month. MOT until July 2020. Brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres all round. Spare set of OEM 18in wheels with Dunlop winter tyres. Discs and pads in good condition. Plenty of creature comforts inc. front and rear parking sensors and rear camera.

Reason for sale - imminent M2 Competition order.
Hi, did you have a price in mind? I may be interested I’d need to sell my car which is currently on autotrader, also do you have details such as number of previous owners, colour of the 19s (assuming it has them) where you are based etc. Thanks

The insurance is very reasonable on the C63 estates, I use Admiral multicar. I pay two thirds more for a tuned mk3 focus RS (the daily) vs C63 on the policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom