C63 What a Eurotripping Machine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

supaer

Car
Here - C63s AMG - GONE - C63 507 - Here - Golf R - Here - BMW M135i - GONE - M4 Competition
So i have just got back from a 3 week eurotrip in the c63.

From the dull french motorways to the great windy roads of the Swiss mountains to the fast moving italian Autostada's.

The car performed absolutely fantastically, and out shone a few exotics with a little help from the re-map. Managed to average 24mpg and the did not to fill up as many times as i used to in the m3 when i did the same trip.

Even with a bootful of luggage the car tore down the miles with ease. What a joy it was to drive!!! Wish i could do it again tomorrow.

Only issue i have is a clicking noise from the front right like a dull clonk. Think it is something to do with the control arm or the struts but who knows will get it into Mercedes soon.

Anyone who is contimplating doing a Eurotrip soon....DO IT

Something I would love to do in the C43, something which it~s previous owner (another forum member) completed across France 3 years ago

Just back from a 2,800 mile trip in my '88 420SL. Slightly different to yours, was pretty warm on the motorways even with the roof down but great at night time wafting along the coasts in the south of France. On the way there and back I wished I was in the E55K.

Did a 3800 mile round trip a couple of years ago around France/Spain absolutely loved it. Granted would have been better in my AMG we did it in a diesel Bora lol.... still averaged 58mpg every cloud!

In 4 weeks I'm doing something similar driving from west to east coast of America set aside 4 weeks to take everything in and plan to cover 5500 miles or so can't wait.

Hi Vealige
could you PM me some details of your USA trip - something I am hoping to do next summer
Sorry to OP to veer off topic

I took my c63 to Spa, then on to Bonn and then the Nurburgring last summer for a few days road trip - I agree it's a fantastic car for crossing countries, especially the German autobahns.

AMGs are great cars for Eurotrips.

Did UK France, Hilland, Germany, Denmark Norway and back in the C63 which was just fantastic and then UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, France, Spain, UK in the Shooting brake last year.

Both times the loudest and most practical car on the tour :)

I, too, can echo these reflections of the M156 engine, having recently returned from a euro trip of my own, along with another forum member.

We did France, Germany, Switzerland, a little bit of Austria and then the Alps.

Car was awesome.

Also beat a Ferrari in a bit of side-by-side action on the way back through France (79mph, you understand ;)), much to his annoyance, I'm sure. Although he was pretty sporting about it and paid his respects.

I will definitely be looking to do another euro trip next year.

^^ interested in how you did such a trip without knowing if was going to rain or not. Did you take a mobile cover with you?

^^ interested in how you did such a trip without knowing if was going to rain or not. Did you take a mobile cover with you?

lol

Funny bugger :D

Would you believe we got from the UK to Italy and back again without any notable rain.
My OCD was most pleased with this.

Having said this, I have to admit, there was a brief period of drizzle as we made our way across France but it was short lived. And it was nothing a quick wipe down at the hotel couldn't sort :D

There was also a spell of rain in the alps but we went sightseeing on foot during that time, so at least no driving in standing water.
Again nothing a quick wipe down couldn't sort out :D

lol

Funny bugger :D

Would you believe we got from the UK to Italy and back again without any notable rain.
My OCD was most pleased with this.

Having said this, I have to admit, there was a brief period of drizzle as we made our way across France but it was short lived. And it was nothing a quick wipe down at the hotel couldn't sort :D

There was also a spell of rain in the alps but we went sightseeing on foot during that time, so at least no driving in standing water.
Again nothing a quick wipe down couldn't sort out :D

and a pressure washer for the wheels borrowed from the hotel owner! :D

I did 4040 miles in my C63 in June/July driving through: France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Poland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Germany and back to UK. I mentioned it in another thread on General forum.

Best time to drive on Autobahn is Saturday evening / Sunday morning. I left UK on Saturday morning, stayed for the night in Duisburg and then started early on Sunday to drive through Germany in 4.5h. It takes about 2.5h of driving from full tank to reserve ;-) Also had to top up engine oil by 1l at the end of the trip.

That's what happens to the car after fast driving. And this is only after about 240 miles in Germany. It was much worse by the time I got to Switzerland next day.

C63_Front.jpg

I'm taking C63 for another trip to Europe in September and maybe if weather is nice in October, to go for a short ride to Hanover. And then it will be time to return the car.

Last edited:
Nothing like a quick wipe to sort things out IMHO ;-)

I did 4040 miles in my C63 in June/July driving through: France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Poland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Germany and back to UK. I mentioned it in another thread on General forum.

Best time to drive on Autobahn is Saturday evening / Sunday morning. I left UK on Saturday morning, stayed for the night in Duisburg and then started early on Sunday to drive through Germany in 4.5h. It takes about 2.5h of driving from full tank to reserve ;-) Also had to top up engine oil by 1l at the end of the trip.

That's what happens to the car after fast driving. And this is only after about 240 miles in Germany. It was much worse by the time I got to Switzerland next day.

C63_Front.jpg

I'm taking C63 for another trip to Europe in September and maybe if weather is nice in October, to go for a short ride to Hanover. And then it will be time to return the car.

lol - nice effort on the flies !

Drove to Naples and back in a Merc ok it was a Sprinter had to go and do a Job there last year I done Prague and back would love to do the same in my C63 some great roads abroad and no traffic jams

I really wana take c63 around europe but always get put off with driving on other side of road

I really wana take c63 around europe but always get put off with driving on other side of road
Don't be put off - it's not as daunting as it sounds when you've not done it before. You just need to engage brain before turning the key and you'll be fine :thumb:

Motorways are easy, and the best option is to stick to quieter roads once off the motorway until you're confident that you can reliably stay on the correct side of the road.

You'll be surprised how instantly you adjust.

We were only away for a week and when we arrived back in Pothole-UK, I had to remind myself which side the fast lane was on!

Becomes almost second nature when you're abroad.
Roundabouts are just as easy to adjust to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom