C63 Wheel Refurb / Finish in London.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SeeSixty3

Hi,

I have a set of 19's for my C63. 3 of the wheels are perfect but one has a ding on the rim face.

I need to get the wheel repaired and refinished.

I am based in London.

The key criteria:

1) A good finish
2) Convenience
3) London location

The wheel is off the car so I can take it anywhere.

R

Is this a statement of fact, or a question?

Lepsons did one of mine - it looked great but chips much easier than the factory finish. How bad is it? It will never been the same.

S

Good point, I forgot my question marks!

Yes, I am looking an appropriate place to get the work done.

People always suggest lepsons but as I am based in central London, it's not going to work.

Someone mentioned 'Posh Wash'

Any feedback?

I would advise to look for a place that does the job best rather than their location. Lepsons in Kent and Pristine Alloy Wheels in Milton Keynes come highly recommended. Both are capable of making your wheel look like the rest of them and as new. If driving there with a donut is not an option, send it with a courier.

Try FA Wheels in Hampstead. They did my 19's on my Jag XF.
Full wheel refurb with good turn around. Taking my S211 there in a couple of weeks.

If you don't mind me asking, what did they charge per wheel and what did you have done?

Tyres off alloys, alloy stripped and treated, kerbing repaired and alloy realighned.
Alloy sprayed, tyres mounted and fitted to car.

I went there first to check the place out. They showed me some customers alloys waiting to be collected and took me through the process.

Found them by chance after searching the web for someone that was close to me.

You're looking around £60-£80 a wheel, but its worth it to get them looking like new again.

Wicked wheels in Crawley do a really good job and isn't that far from central London :)

Posh Wash have done several sets for me and I've always been impressed by the service.
They have a very fancy diamond cutting machine to re-finish modern wheels.

Simon_M said:
Is this a statement of fact, or a question?

Lepsons did one of mine - it looked great but chips much easier than the factory finish. How bad is it? It will never been the same.

S

I am with Simon on this, if not bad I'd leavie it. It will never be the same. It is all down to the person that does the work not just the company IMHO. Do let us know what you decide to do and hoe it goes. I have posted on this subject quite a bit so just look at my other threads.
Kamal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom