C63 Winter Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Weescotsman

Car
Nothing yet
Hi folks.

This is my first post so I apologise in advance for the numpty questions.

I am about to take delivery of a C63 and I am already looking at winter tyres, I know this is sad. However I want to get a second set of alloys and tyres for the winter so that I can change the whenever I need to.

My question is that I have a set of 225/40/18 winter tyres already for my current car which have only been used for 4 weeks, could I fit these to a C63. I know they will be ok on the front but it is the rear I am not sure of.

Thanks
Jim

The car handbook will list suitable wheel and tyre sizes for winter use - best stick to that to avoid problems.

Hi folks.

This is my first post so I apologise in advance for the numpty questions.

I am about to take delivery of a C63 and I am already looking at winter tyres, I know this is sad. However I want to get a second set of alloys and tyres for the winter so that I can change the whenever I need to.

My question is that I have a set of 225/40/18 winter tyres already for my current car which have only been used for 4 weeks, could I fit these to a C63. I know they will be ok on the front but it is the rear I am not sure of.

Thanks
Jim
From what I gather merc recommend 225/40/18 all round on standard rims. I am trying to get something in writing from dealer before I order some!

Thereisnothing inmy handbook, MB dealer was clueless, so ended up with same rims same size in Vreds, works just fine.

The important thing is to follow the manufactures recommendations. That way you can't go wrong with your insurance company. MB usually recommend the non-staggered set-up with winter wheels/tyres (same size wheels and tyres all round). At least that's the case with my W203 and the wife's R170. Wheels don't have to be OEM and there are a few German / Austrian manufacturers who supply high quality TUV approved wheels for MB, BMWs, etc. No doubt they manufacture OEM wheels for these companies as well.

The important thing is to follow the manufactures recommendations. That way you can't go wrong with your insurance company. MB usually recommend the non-staggered set-up with winter wheels/tyres (same size wheels and tyres all round). At least that's the case with my W203 and the wife's R170. Wheels don't have to be OEM and there are a few German / Austrian manufacturers who supply high quality TUV approved wheels for MB, BMWs, etc. No doubt they manufacture OEM wheels for these companies as well.

Not sure about non-OEM wheels, told your insirance company? Irrespective always check with insurance company, as they tend to vary. Mine said as long as it had MB wheels they didnt mind what tyres.

from the online Owner's manual.

Thanks for the above link. Please excuse my ignorance as I don't understand wheel sizes offsets etc. What size winter tyres does the above table advise are fittted on standard 18'' rims fitted on a c63 (2013)
Thanks in advance

Just buy the same sizes as you have now but in Vreds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom