C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercinsussex

Car
Vectra Sri + 1989 mini 130hp
Ok so I'm looking into getting a c63.
I apologise if some of this stuff has been discussed previously.

Can someone tell me what the 125 special edition adds to the C63?
I am also considering the E63 has anyone driven both and what were they like in comparison?(ps I have fallen in love with the C63 exhaust note)

Anyone done a long run in one and how many miles did you get out of the tank?

Many thanks in advance

Just do some searching on the forum, lots of threads to answer all you AMG questions. As for miles, all depends on how much you use the loud pedal ;-).

Welcome to the forum, you'll find plenty of C63 owners here.

Kamal

Ok so I'm looking into getting a c63.
I apologise if some of this stuff has been discussed previously.

Can someone tell me what the 125 special edition adds to the C63?
I am also considering the E63 has anyone driven both and what were they like in comparison?(ps I have fallen in love with the C63 exhaust note)

Anyone done a long run in one and how many miles did you get out of the tank?

Many thanks in advance
command is standard on a 125 edition.
the c63 is a great car that i think is still probably 1 of the best everyday cars outthere[if you dont mind the juice] even after nearly 4years since it was launched it still puts a smile on my face when i drive it.
if you like the sound of the c63 you will love the sound of the e63 it sounds amazing great car aswell but just does'nt seem to look as nice as the c63. chris harris of evo mag loved the e63 amg.
are you looking at the new twin turbo e63 or the naturally aspirated old 1.the sound on the na one is better.
the e63 went through the fuel like it had a hole in the tank.

ill give you a brief synopsis of my situation so you can help me decide, im a 26y/o taxi driver and roll around in a vectra sri 1.9cdti everyday. i would use the C63/E63 2-3 times a week and my gf who gets the train to london may use it every so often. so im not too worried about the fuel consumption as it would be an indulgence. im thinking this car would be a long term thing seeing as how well they come equipped and mercs never seem to look old quickly or at least to the untrained eye.

i also do a yearly drive to oktoberfest in munich and would love to tear over there in this.

so really the C63 seems perfect for what i need?

many thanks

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 168
ill give you a brief synopsis of my situation so you can help me decide, im a 26y/o taxi driver and roll around in a vectra sri 1.9cdti everyday. i would use the C63/E63 2-3 times a week and my gf who gets the train to london may use it every so often. so im not too worried about the fuel consumption as it would be an indulgence. im thinking this car would be a long term thing seeing as how well they come equipped and mercs never seem to look old quickly or at least to the untrained eye.

i also do a yearly drive to oktoberfest in munich and would love to tear over there in this.

so really the C63 seems perfect for what i need?

many thanks
go for the c63 if you are 26 :thumb:
try 1 with the ppplus it has extra power.

Hi mercinsussex, I had the older C63 and I have just bought the new C63 125 edition and in my opinion the new C63 is awful for several reason, 1, every new C63 125 edition made for the UK should of come with automatic luxury aircon (as standard) as mine come without it I pointed this out to Mercedes and its now come to light that someone forgot to tell the production line about this being standard equipment so none of the new C63 that have come to the UK have it and Mercedes want to now charge the customers for this as an optional extra , 2, the new C63 defiantly does not sound as good as the old C63, 3, every panel on my car has got paint defects ie dust under the paint work this has been pointed out to Mercedes and they are sending someone down from head office which I’m told will take 5 weeks for them to come to inspect my car to see how to resolve this, so due to the above problems I’ve in countered I would recommend the older C63, I really regret selling my old C63 for the new C63, and as previously mentioned this is only my opinion.

I was looking at the older version and wondering the differences, so I can only thank you for going into such detail. What year did you have previously I was looking at the 08-09 models on autotrader and seemed a good buy?

I was looking at the older version and wondering the differences, so I can only thank you for going into such detail. What year did you have previously I was looking at the 08-09 models on autotrader and seemed a good buy?

Hi, my older one was a 2010 model and it sounded absolutely gorgeous, if you are planning to buy a 2008 / 2009 model make sure that you get the genuine Mercedes FSH print out sheets with the car as they don’t come with a service history book anymore and if possible a 12 month warranty as god forbid if anything went wrong with the engine it would cost you a king’s ransom to put right, as for the differences, on the plus side the new C63 has the new uprated gearbox, command online (however this does not work with an iphone) and it is very slightly better on fuel and that’s it hope this helps.

It does alot thanks, one last quick question on a long run being light on the loud pedal what mpg did you obtain?

Hi mercinsussex, I had the older C63 and I have just bought the new C63 125 edition and in my opinion the new C63 is awful for several reason, 1, every new C63 125 edition made for the UK should of come with automatic luxury aircon (as standard) as mine come without it I pointed this out to Mercedes and its now come to light that someone forgot to tell the production line about this being standard equipment so none of the new C63 that have come to the UK have it and Mercedes want to now charge the customers for this as an optional extra , 2, the new C63 defiantly does not sound as good as the old C63, 3, every panel on my car has got paint defects ie dust under the paint work this has been pointed out to Mercedes and they are sending someone down from head office which I’m told will take 5 weeks for them to come to inspect my car to see how to resolve this, so due to the above problems I’ve in countered I would recommend the older C63, I really regret selling my old C63 for the new C63, and as previously mentioned this is only my opinion.

Sorry - if this was me I would have just rejected the car...simples.

Sorry - if this was me I would have just rejected the car...simples.

Hi Crockers, as a goodwill gesture for not having the luxury aircon Mercedes supplied free of charge and fitted carbon fibre interior trim which took 75 days to deliver and install, as for the paint work the only way to correct this will be a full re spray which is going to cost them a fortune, and as previously mentioned it is going to take someone from Milton Keynes 5 weeks to come down to inspect the car (why does it take 5 weeks??) so it will be interesting to see what they say.

Hi Crockers, as a goodwill gesture for not having the luxury aircon Mercedes supplied free of charge and fitted carbon fibre interior trim which took 75 days to deliver and install, as for the paint work the only way to correct this will be a full re spray which is going to cost them a fortune, and as previously mentioned it is going to take someone from Milton Keynes 5 weeks to come down to inspect the car (why does it take 5 weeks??) so it will be interesting to see what they say.

No Way would I have held onto that car and been fobbed off with a bit of carbon trim?

You sound like your not happy with it from day one, that will not go away.

As above a respray on a NEW car???

Nope, I would not have taken it off the forcourt.

^^ agree with above, but hey you have it now, paint might be salvagable with a good polish out. I would have wanted the luxury air con tho over the carbon fibre.

^ Also when you sell it will that not suffer?

People looking at other would expect that to be standard.

75 days to wait for the trim also???

I'm sure the paint could be helped with a details (that's a whole new can of worms) but at the end of the day your not happy and if that was me would annoy me everytime I drove the car.

Good luck getting it sorted.

I would expect if it was me getting the car the day it came I would be so excited I would almost be peeing my pants and wudnt have noticed such defects. At the end of the day we are all boys in men's bodies ps doesn't that exhaust note make all bad things go away?

Quote "ps doesn't that exhaust note make all bad things go away?"

Not in this case as the new car doesn't even sound as good as the old car ???

Hi guys, this car I bought was as far as I can make out a cancelled order, so I personally didn’t order the car from new, the deal that the dealer offered me on my PX was £5k more on my old C63 than any other dealership, also they gave me 1 years road tax free plus the new car is about £60.00 PCM cheaper on the repayments so how I looked at it was that I could get a brand new C63 and pay less money each month.

As for the paint I’m not sure what Mercedes will say, I only noticed all the paint defects once I got the car home and gave it a polish, as said I’m really disappointed with the car and I’m thinking of replacing it maybe with an Audi R8 but I will wait to see what Mercedes say first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom