C63PPP vs C63 tuned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moosey

Car
Iridium C63PPP saloon
Hi all.

I've been keeping an eye out for a while now for a C63 and I thought I knew exactly what I wanted.
That would be a Palladium Silver PPP facelift car on Black 19s with black leather and LSD.
Command and Harmon Kardon required, Carbon pack would be nice but not a necessity.

In the last 10 months since I've been seriously looking, I've only come across 3 but I wasn't quite in a position to hand over the money.
That's no longer a problem.

I'm not going to move on the colour (exterior or interior) but it seems that most folks plumped for some form of Black or White when they bought these.
Anyway, I've been getting a little frustrated by the lack of movement in the classifieds of late, which has lead to me considering other options.
There have been a few non PPP Palladium silver cars appearing now and then and since I've read about what Eurocharged can do to a C63 for a couple of
grand my impatience to have one is making me consider buy a non-PPP car and get them to map and diff it up.

I know quite a few of you on here have tuned your cars, but I guess I'm just looking for opinions as to which way you would go if you were me.
In my head, I'd still like the PPP given the engine upgrades that come with that as standard.

Thanks

I'm not sure the internal engine upgrades make any real difference. Get a Eurocharged map instead and all will be good! Much cheaper too.

Mines a Palladium Silver with black leather, a Eurocharged remap and a Quaife LSD. It's a great colour, always complimented when it's in for servicing.

As RJ C63 says, get the non PPP car a Eurocharged remap, generally more power than the PPP cars (520 BHP on average as a pose to 487BHP) and save over a grand every time you need to replace your front discs.

Mines a Palladium Silver with black leather, a Eurocharged remap and a Quaife LSD. It's a great colour, always complimented when it's in for servicing.

As RJ C63 says, get the non PPP car a Eurocharged remap, generally more power than the PPP cars (520 BHP on average as a pose to 487BHP) and save over a grand every time you need to replace your front discs.

I was thinking about the PPP brake cost too!:eek:

I've got the same palladium silver black leather eurocharged map quaife LSD and secondary cat delete it's unreal you won't regret buying 1 whatever way u do it personally I'd go non pp

Ricky16 said:
I've got the same palladium silver black leather eurocharged map quaife LSD and secondary cat delete it's unreal you won't regret buying 1 whatever way u do it personally I'd go non pp

Forgot to mention my secondary cat gutting too - epic, just epic. You will not regret buying one at all.

Thanks guys, definitely helping to sway me so far!

Nah, you need the PPP for car park bragging and the red calipers.

The PPP engines spins up quicker above 4500rpm.

Why not consider Tenorite grey? As you say many, many, many cars were shifted in white with black years.

S

Nah, you need the PPP for car park bragging and the red calipers.

The PPP engines spins up quicker above 4500rpm.

Why not consider Tenorite grey? As you say many, many, many cars were shifted in white with black years.

S

I like the Tenorite Grey too. They seem to be just as rare though.

I held out for a performance pack car in my desired spec and color.
Took almost six months.
Drive them both to see if you can notice any difference, I did and I didn't notice anything in everyday driving situations, but I still held out because I knew I wouldn't be truly satisfied with a non pp.
Another point is you might get it and then just never bother getting the mods done.
As for the color you can always get it wrapped.

If I was going to wrap it, then it'd be yellow like the colour available on the Black Series!
I know what you're saying Jovie. I have only test driven a non-PPP car and I know that in daily driving I'll never notice the difference.
But I'd know, and as Simon mentioned, the red calipers are nice (if not the price of replacement discs) and I like the Alcantara steering wheel too.

If I was going to wrap it, then it'd be yellow like the colour available on the Black Series!
I know what you're saying Jovie. I have only test driven a non-PPP car and I know that in daily driving I'll never notice the difference.
But I'd know, and as Simon mentioned, the red calipers are nice (if not the price of replacement discs) and I like the Alcantara steering wheel too.

You can paint the callipers red and still save on the disc price if you buy a non PP or PPP car.

The PP cars have more stiff suspension too I believe, the PPP cars have the same as standard.

As for the revs above 4500 RPM, my Eurocharged remap has made my non PPP car turn into an animal above 3000 RPM, the acceleration is just crazy fast.

I still believe a remap, secondary cat gutting/delete and a Quaife would be the way to go, it would be faster, more powerful and way more brutal than a PP or PPP car.

From personal experience, the PPP cars do seem to move faster on the second hand market.

I dunno. Shaks in Newcastle have had a couple that haven't moved for the last 3 months or so.

paulshep69 said:
Mines a Palladium Silver with black leather, a Eurocharged remap and a Quaife LSD. It's a great colour, always complimented when it's in for servicing. As RJ C63 says, get the non PPP car a Eurocharged remap, generally more power than the PPP cars (520 BHP on average as a pose to 487BHP) and save over a grand every time you need to replace your front discs.

Not sure how you will save over a grand -

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=141550077447

NEW Genuine Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance Brake Kit Disc's & Pad's RRP £1414

Not sure how you will save over a grand -

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=141550077447

NEW Genuine Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance Brake Kit Disc's & Pad's RRP £1414

That sir, is a very good price, they are usually closer to the RRP mentioned there. These are the usual listings on eBay:

Front Brake Pads & Discs AMG , SL63 / E63 / CLS63 / CLK63 / C63 Genuine ,new | eBay

MERCEDES BENZ GENUINE PAIR Of C63 AMG FRONT DISCS AND PADS 2044211212 ROTORS | eBay

Moosey said:
That's a pretty sweet deal. I'm tempted to buy them now even though I don't even have the car yet!!

Purchase a PPP car, more power from stock, stronger and lighter internals -

The 6.2-litre V8 is unchanged at 457bhp, but you can now option the AMG Performance pack which ups power to 487bhp, thanks to important oily bits courtesy of the Very Slidey SLS. The forged pistons, connecting rods and lightweight crankshaft - all lifted from the SLS's V8 - are 3kg lighter than standard and so reduce inertia. In layman's terms, you can now scare dogs and small children at the traffic lights as the V8 revs easier and quicker. The 0-62mph time with the AMG pack drops to 4.4 seconds (from 4.5) for the saloon, and 4.5 seconds (from 4.6) for the estate.

The PPP was a £5k option.

Last edited:
"The 0-62mph time with the AMG pack drops to 4.4 seconds (from 4.5) for the saloon, and 4.5 seconds (from 4.6) for the estate. The PPP was a £5k option. "

That's a lot of money to pay for a negligible performance difference (a tenth of a second - significant in an F1 car, but not in the real world - or just over 2%; get real...). The Eurocharged option, then paint the calipers, sounds like much the best bet to me if you want extra power. Neither car would disappoint in the real world...

On the other hand, if what you really want is bragging rights rather than substance, I guess it has to be the PPP. Your choice.

Either way, it may be a bit quicker than your wife's Kia :devil:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom