C63S - 3 year service items missed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How and when does Audi deal with items which aren’t required every service, like automatic transmission fluid change, spark plug change, air filter change, brake fluid change, etc?
I can only speak for my A6 when it needed its ATF and filter changing, Audi notified me when I booked it for whichever service was due at the time - I double checked the schedule to make sure they weren't trying to stiff me, but they were being honest. Brake fluid was certainly changed without incident too from memory, on both my A6 and A5 (A6 was an approved used, A5 was a new car).

I didn't realise there are no books anymore. My dealer spent about 15 mins trying to find out when the service was due and they said I needed to contact MB UK as the car wasnt in my name (GDPR)

I for one don't ever remember it being this complicated. My previous 2 cars (both Audi's) it was easy, what it said in the manual was what needed doing, the dealer had the same information unless it was something unusual like a recall etc. It all seemed to work. I've certainly never been in a position where i've had to tell the dealer something essential needs doing and contradict 'the system' like I have with this car!
The VW dealer wife's Tiguan goes to is hopeless. It's an Inchcape owned dealer and in my experience of several of them for Mercedes and VW it's unusal that they don't try and upsell as much as possible. I think they're pretty busy and they just want to do basic services (which take about 20 mins - I waited once) and bang through them as fast as possible.

At 3yrs they should change the brake fluid and and Haldex fluid - they didn't prompt for either and when quizzed where adamant the Haldex was 40K. VW had changed it to 3yrs about 18mths prior! They did note the "mandatory a/c service" was overdue as it should have been done at 2yrs. There's actually no such thing in VW servicing. Dealer eneded up doing them all (or at least saying they had) FOC.

Her car is on annual fixed interval servicing. The cars on variable/longlife servicing are a complete nightmare as nothing lines up with any obvious schedule. All VW lease cars on longlife and I think the dealers just assume they need to do the minimum possible. It was the same with my C Class as it's on the old Mercedes variable service routine and it was alaways a battle to get anything done beyond an oil and filter change.

The VW dealer wife's Tiguan goes to is hopeless. It's an Inchcape owned dealer and in my experience of several of them for Mercedes and VW it's unusal that they don't try and upsell as much as possible. I think they're pretty busy and they just want to do basic services (which take about 20 mins - I waited once) and bang through them as fast as possible.
To be fair, I used Nottingham Audi which is a Sytner site and i've never really had an issue. Sytner BMW however, that is an entirely different story - Leicester were shockingly bad, my old Alpina D3 went in for a DPF issue, caused by the dealer after they didn't connect the exhaust correctly after changing it (the DPF). Car was taken on a trailer to the dealer in the morning, when I called in the afternoon to enquire when it would be ready, I was told they had 'misplaced' my car and they would have to find it.......i'll say no more.

To be fair, I used Nottingham Audi which is a Sytner site and i've never really had an issue. Sytner BMW however, that is an entirely different story - Leicester were shockingly bad, my old Alpina D3 went in for a DPF issue, caused by the dealer after they didn't connect the exhaust correctly after changing it (the DPF). Car was taken on a trailer to the dealer in the morning, when I called in the afternoon to enquire when it would be ready, I was told they had 'misplaced' my car and they would have to find it.......i'll say no more.
😂😂 and did they

😂😂 and did they
Yeah after I went down there and made them find it whilst I waited. Basically they just told the recovery driver to drop the car off in the lot and they didn't both to look at it until I called (it was actually in service parking area when I got there). All down to them, because of the exhaust not being reassembled correctly it was venting diesel fumes into the cabin - made me feel pretty ill for a couple of days too.

Hi , My C207 has a full Mercedes Benz approved service history using the service package.

The spark plugs on my car were changed at the 5 year service / 34500 miles plus the gear box oil at the same time / 34500 miles.

Mercedes do appear to alter service packages for each model and I feel is is very much year dependant.
They even change them without updating documentation. The diff oil change on the e63s is the best example. You ask 5 Merc garages and you get 7 opinions whether it needs doing or not.

MB Nottingham - Easter Park off Lenton Lane, seem like a very knowledgeable and honest bunch on first impression.
Bit late now but they are very expensive for what indi pricing should be! (I'm from the area) I would recommend mb service centre in Blidworth for real indi pricing or star garage Leicester..

Bit late now but they are very expensive for what indi pricing should be! (I'm from the area) I would recommend mb service centre in Blidworth for real indi pricing or star garage Leicester..
Well their still way cheaper than the dealer and only 5 miles from me so very convenient. Appreciate the suggestion though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom