C63S Coupe - battery charging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Freak

Car
C63S Coupe
Hi all,

I'm collecting a new C63S this weekend and although I intend to get some miles on it now lockdown is starting to ease I tend to WFH anyway, so it will be unlikely I'll be doing big miles any time soon on a regular basis. With that in mind I'm looking for a waterproof battery charger that will be suitable, and does this need to be directly connected to the battery or are there other means to charging, and finally if I had the charging cable running under the bonnet would this set the alarm off?

Thanks

Folks usually put the electronics of the charger / conditioner in the engine compartment, out of the rain, and run the cable out through to the power point.

So there's not normally a need for a "waterproof battery charger."

Most modern cars can cope with a month or two without being started at all.

Permanent connection to a conditioner is usually for exotica stored for months at a time where providers want the thing to be fully charged whenever the client rocks up. Think companies like Windrush: Car Storage Prices | Windrush Car Storage

Many of the popular chargers are IP65 rated. Get some kind of comfort connector and fix that to the car for ease of use. Not directly to the battery of anything with start/stop. Mine has points under the bonnet

When my battery started to struggle I put my battery conditioner under the bonnet as I have plenty of room, connected it to the jump posts and shut the bonnet, I was going to wire a connector direct to the battery but no point really as the crocodile clips fit under fine.

Hi. Congratulations on your new car. I leave the bonnet on the latch.

No alarms, just the Mercedes Me app reminds me the bonnet is open.

These new Mercedes are ‘battery hungry’
and my guess is being new, and probably having spent some time sitting around, it will need a charger.
I use a CTEK

Cheers guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom