C63S Coupe - windscreen washers not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Freak

Car
C63S Coupe
So I've taken delivery of a brand new C63S Coupe today, all is well other than the windscreen washers aren't working.

Unless something has failed I have no option to take it to a dealer, but what can I check - fuses, pump, hoses... as it's literally been in my possession for less than 8 hours I have zero knowledge under the bonnet or where the fuses even are!

Thanks

Additionally - is the washer bottle empty? I know it seems a stupid question to ask about a new car, but it wouldn't be the first time a dealership hasn't PDI'd a car correctly.

Sod the washers, get some photos posted. 👍👍👍

Seriously though, it’s not up to you to check anything. I assume it’s cost you a pretty penny. Get onto the dealer.

Go back and ask the dealer.

Right on the phone and requested it to be fixed immediately.

it is illegal to drive a car if you know the windscreen washers are defective.

Problem is the dealers 100 miles away, so 200 mile round trip to fix the washers... I'm not taking it and I'm not going to have them put 200 miles on my less than 24 hour old car they can transport it and leave me with a courtesy car

Problem is the dealers 100 miles away, so 200 mile round trip to fix the washers... I'm not taking it and I'm not going to have them put 200 miles on my less than 24 hour old car they can transport it and leave me with a courtesy car
Make that phone call and make it now

What did the dealer say when you phoned them ?

D'oh... all sorted

Rang the dealer, my sales guy was off but the one I spoke to was very helpful, to cut a long story short salesman spoke to aftersales manager and who knew that when you press the washer but you have to press beyond the initial resistance... I didn't, the sales guy didn't!

Felt a bit stupid, but well nothing new there :)

D'oh... all sorted

Rang the dealer, my sales guy was off but the one I spoke to was very helpful, to cut a long story short salesman spoke to aftersales manager and who knew that when you press the washer but you have to press beyond the initial resistance... I didn't, the sales guy didn't!

Felt a bit stupid, but well nothing new there :)
Ooops :D:D.

I made the same mistake on my E53 coupe 😳

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom