C63s FACTORY BLOCK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

supaer

Car
Here - C63s AMG - GONE - C63 507 - Here - Golf R - Here - BMW M135i - GONE - M4 Competition
So I ordered a new C63s coupe at the end of March from a Mercedes dealer in the London area, Obsidian black, black wheels, HUD, Carbon Ceramics, Carbon Pack I and II, premium package, lane assist, everything really apart from the glovebox air freshener. I have been waiting a long time and have not had a main car so it has been even worse. Anyway, cars original delivery date was 6th July, it then came back to 27th June, happy days!! HOWEVER the dealer was telling me it should have arrived in Zebrugge to be shipped to England now which as it left the factory on the 9th June it hadn’t I asked him to look into it and find out why. So after getting the usual not sure sir, I kicked up a fuss and said I need dates and an update as the computer ones the dealer was using is obviously wrong.. Apparently they have now found out that the car has been made and there is a block on those models leaving the factory, not sure if this means no parts, faulty parts etc… or what it means.

I have a road trip planned in August and wanted to try and do the running in and the 1500 mile diff service before I left, however now I still do not have a date when the car will come, what the problem is and not sure I actually even believe the dealer.

I know August is the shut down for the factory and I have a feeling I wont see this car until September, has anyone else ordered a c63 that is expecting delivery soon?

They have offered me a c63s saloon to keep me busy for the time my car is not due, which makes me think they are trying to soften the blow for some bad news soon

Any advice would be helpful

Being blocked means the car is physical and may arrive at the dealer but not able to be registered. There may be some rework that is required before you take delivery which is causing the delay.

Take the loan car they are offering and enjoy that until your new one arrives to you.

cheers

They are telling me it was blocked before it went into production, so they think it hasnt even been made! I honestly have no idea and i dont think they really do its so frustrating!

There are a multitude of things that could have happened but you're unlikely to find out exactly what and speculation is just that.

I know it's annoying, but I'd take the loan car and enjoy wearing out someone else's rubber.

They have just offered me a fully specc'd c63s cooupe without the carbon ceramics but everything else... Im happy with that until mine comes!

If your car still hasn't arrived and your planned road trip is outside the U.K. don't forget to tell them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes i have asked him to clarify that now as i dont want that issue come August.. Very nice of them to offer that, i find it strange that they still have until the 6th July to get my car technically but they are giving me this now... very odd

I think i will, i really can't wait!!! Still interesting to know what the block is, i read on one of the american forums that the AMG GT's were stopped in production because of something to do with the air bags not deploying correctly.

As mentioned, enjoy the loan car and lay down some other ferkers rubber..!

Exactly you can get all the experience and rack the miles on someone else's car....

Just dont get attached to it haha!

I'm due almost exactly the same , delivery at the end of August for 1st September - I ordered mine in April - as of last week there was no issue with delivery. The loan car seems very generous , be rude not to thrash it a bit ....

There is a batch delayed at the factory at the moment. It shouldn't last long, so hold tight

Being blocked means the car is physical and may arrive at the dealer but not able to be registered. There may be some rework that is required before you take delivery which is causing the delay.

Take the loan car they are offering and enjoy that until your new one arrives to you.

cheers

That's not right, it won't have been built. They're on production delay

Sounds like your getting someone else's cake and eat it. And then getting another cake!

What's not to like?

The cynic in me thinks they will try and persuade you to keep the saloon somehow after you've had your wicked way with it. Read the small print!

Thanks for the info guys! Do we know for sure there is a batch delay, how do we know this is true as the factory give no info.. it was due 6th July.. do these delays last long will I get it before end of July? I don't want the rental I want to go on holiday with my one lol

There is a batch delayed at the factory at the moment. It shouldn't last long, so hold tight

Where has this info come from, someone mentioned safety belt pretensioner but this issue was sorted a while back and the night pack was mentioned.

As selfish as it sounds i don't want to drive this half a55ed spec c63s across europe i want my one lol... it would not feel right, surely there has to be a more robust way of mercedes passing on information and more accurate times

I don't care about reg makes not much difference in the grand scheme of it when you sell it. I've been without a car for 4 months I cldnt wait much longer I will trowl the used car markets but there is nothing there

Where has this info come from, someone mentioned safety belt pretensioner but this issue was sorted a while back and the night pack was mentioned.

As selfish as it sounds i don't want to drive this half a55ed spec c63s across europe i want my one lol... it would not feel right, surely there has to be a more robust way of mercedes passing on information and more accurate times

It's come from me, I'm a Mercedes salesman. It's nothing specific, factory delays happen. I have a GLC, C Estate and C Coupe that are delayed. The C Estate was only blocked for about 5 days. No dealership will be able to give reason, communication with the factory doesn't work like that. It'll just be a minor production hold to clear an earlier issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom