C63s Finally arrives... pics attached

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I always wonder if there's a point to stop modding a brand new car. I understand it's sometimes personal preference for either looks, performance or both.

I wonder what the cut off point is, or even if there is one. Obviously this is not a cheap car and AMG (assuming they are good at what they do) must surely make the car as good as it can be.

Next step up, would someone mod a new GTS AMG? Or is that perfect? How about new Ferrari's or Lamborghini's would someone mod those cars? Would anyone ever buy a Bugatti Veyron and lower that and pop a few spacers on? If so, why? I'm fairly sure it's as good as a car can be straight from the factory.

My post is not questioning suggestions on this thread. I'm just really curious if there is a car deemed perfect enough to require no mods?

YouTube all the cars you asked about every car is been modified in some ways I'm sure lol, but as good as it can be out the factory no car is, they build every car to survive in different situations, countries, climates and surrounds all over world so there always restricted from factory i.e why you get massive gains from remapping especially new cars and that's not touching boost that's just removing restrictions in the car to alow it to be at its best and what it naturally should be without comprising reliability.

If you don't understand why someone would modify a car I'm not sure your really ever known as your not that type of person which is perfectly fine but for me atleast it's something I can concentrate on keep focused in life something to aim towards doing and take the stress away from real life having a car your making into your own isn't just for looks it's just a way of life for that person.

Hope I've explained best I could.

YouTube all the cars you asked about every car is been modified in some ways I'm sure lol, but as good as it can be out the factory no car is, they build every car to survive in different situations, countries, climates and surrounds all over world so there always restricted from factory i.e why you get massive gains from remapping especially new cars and that's not touching boost that's just removing restrictions in the car to alow it to be at its best and what it naturally should be without comprising reliability.

If you don't understand why someone would modify a car I'm not sure your really ever known as your not that type of person which is perfectly fine but for me atleast it's something I can concentrate on keep focused in life something to aim towards doing and take the stress away from real life having a car your making into your own isn't just for looks it's just a way of life for that person.

Hope I've explained best I could.

Thanks Ricky.

My post wasn't a criticism, just a genuine question. :thumb:

I TOTALLY understand why someone would mod a car. But not particularly a brand new one Worth £65k+

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ricky.

My post wasn't a criticism, just a genuine question. :thumb:

I TOTALLY understand why someone would mod a car. But not particularly a brand new one Worth £65k+

Oh I know it wasn't a criticism :) and I guess it don't matter is much it cost.

Also sometimes manufacturers deliberately don't make it the best it can be as it may not fit in within the tiers of the other models.
For example, if they tuned the engine to its highest capability etc it may get too close for comfort to the AMG GT so they'll deliberately tone it down and under stress it so more expensive models can justify their price. The best example of this is the C63 vs SLS engine tune... I'm not saying they're similar performance wise but BHP output wise they definitely did that.

Beautiful car btw! Think spacers will set it off nicely

Thanks for all your comments.... My reasons for modding...

1 - It is a hobby of mine, i enjoy wasting money on a car even more to personalise it and make it a bit more special.
2 - Modded many a car before and it has always been for the better, prior to this i had an f82 m4 and had that running at stage 2 lowered with spacers and all the exterior carbon fibre was from BMW here is the link M4 Complete..... I think........ - The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum
The car looked better than a normal M4, handled better, drove better and sounded much better.. Its all relative as to what you like and your hobbies etc, for me it is a hobby and i really enjoy doing it.
3 - Car manufacturers at this level i believe dull down their cars and make their cars a suitable platform to cover a 25 year old and a 60 year old driving from england to australia etc, if people did not want to modify their cars brand owned modifying companies like Brabus/Alpina etc would not exist. I previously had a 2013 C63 and with a simple remap from Eurocharged as many on here know it changed it massively and adjusted the performance to that of a 507.
4 - Modifying comes with its problems - I have not owned a modified car (engine wise) which has not had problems, voids warranty or been a bit of a hassle, if you are happy to accept these things then do it! Why not, Many are and many are dead against it.
5 - If i had a car such as a 918, porsche turbo/ferrari etc i would definitely NOT mod it i think that would be a bit sacrilegious!!

So to conclude 9/10 the car looks better, is faster, goes round corners better, sounds better but you have to be prepared to void your warranty and accept the hassle that comes with it!

Thanks for that very concise answer. No.5 answers my question nicely. I guess most people could name a dream car that they consider wouldn't require modding.

Look forward to seeing the end result with your car. It's stunning.

Ant.

Look forward to reading a comparison against the m4 if you get the chance supaer, obviously the c63 is not that great according to the cutters

Thanks for that very concise answer. No.5 answers my question nicely. I guess most people could name a dream car that they consider wouldn't require modding.

Look forward to seeing the end result with your car. It's stunning.

Ant.

Happy - spacers, new wheels or different wheel colour, badges on/off etc are all pretty easy to do and reverse when desired. A new set of rims can make you fall in love with your motor again. These are cosmetic changes and can hardly qualify for 'mods' as they usually are no more difficult to do than to change a pair of air filters.

On the other hand, if you wanted to use your car in competition, it would require a lot more work & dough because all road cars regardless of their badge & cost are made with emmission control, fuel consumption and 95% idle in mind. Some sports car manufacturers manage to close the gap and make the car suitable for road and compeition use 'out of the box' but it comes at a price and is usually a compromise.

So to answer your question, there's no perfect car that suits every task, be it Lambo, Bugatti or AMG, and depending on what owner wants, it defines what areas in the car are to be addressed. Some like small wheels, others big spoilers - it's all individual.

Hi Supaer......how are the ceramics working out.....if you still have your coupe.?.
Appreciate any feedback on their everyday use.
Thanks

So at long last after the factory blocks and four months of waiting she finally arrived. Happy is an understatement... Here are some pics for you all!!

My spec -
Obsidian black
Night Pack
19/20"black wheels
Premium plus
Blind spot/steering and lane tracking
Head up display
Carbon centre console
Carbon pack I and II
Carbon Ceramics

First plan is to get the front windows tinted and then throw on some spacers.

Luckily it came before the August factory shutdown so exited i have summer to play with it!!

Will get round to doing a full write up soon - Intagram @supaer
Super spec and a nice looking car I’m sure you’ll enjoy it, particularly when you personalise it. My new Coupe S arrives in March, but we’ll be away so can’t pick it up until April 2019. A bit gutted to be honest...

Very nice..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom